Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Other, United Kingdom
Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology – to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey.
Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves. Join us and help create life-changing innovations that impact billions around the world!
Customer Innovation is expanding the capabilities of our Mixed Reality Studio in London and are looking for passionate and talented people to join our creative journey to transform business with emerging technologies.
Our team works in tight collaboration with external consumers, enterprise, and commercial partners, crafting innovative solutions that leverage both the power of the HoloLens, VR, mobile and Mixed Reality, as well as the deep domain expertise of our many customers.
We brainstorm exciting and ground-breaking experiences and quickly build working prototypes on top of developing tech. We transform our ideas into reality, from ideation, through prototyping, to pilot to production.
The Mixed Reality Studio offers hybrid working with time split between the offices in London, at a location of your choice, and at customer sites, including overseas travel, as and when the projects demand.
- Coding – be a great software engineer, happy to write code, ideally in TypeScript and C#.
- Demonstrable experience doing modern web development (SPA, HTML, TypeScript)
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJS/Hooks/React Context
- Understands React Hook implications such as prop re-renders and closures
- Products – An excellent track record of professional development experience in TypeScript/HTML5 with multiple shipped products, with at least one as a lead engineer
Some nice to have experience
- Ideally experience of TailwindCSS
- Ideally knowledge of Microsoft Fluent React Components
- 3D experience (BabylonJS, Three.js or Unity)
- npm or yarn experience
- VSCode IDE
- Git source control management
- Knowledge of Azure services (AAD, MSAL/OAuth2, WebApps etc)
- Cloud – An understanding of the latest trends in cloud computing and how to create powerful connected experiences that can be deployed in enterprise environments.
- User Features – Experience developing user-facing features. Deliver 3D visualization and interactions in mixed reality environments
- Math – Strong background in 3D and other applied mathematics.
- Leadership – Demonstrated technical leadership experience
- Communications – Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving – Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills.
- Debugging – Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Product Passion – Passion for entertainment, technology, Metaverse, games, and amazing user experiences.
- Self-motivated – comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to help craft and deliver innovative, connected, next-generation solutions, usually with a 3D element to them. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with fast paced development, enjoy problem solving, a track record of delivering technical solutions and will love to learn and tackle new challenges. This role will engage with every discipline including art, design, dev, test and the business in a game development-savvy studio.
You should be enthusiastic about applying your development talents and iterating on prototypes to discover what works best, then leveraging your knowledge to create incredible software products. Finally, the candidate should be comfortable with cutting-edge technologies, as well as beta hardware/devices and software and cloud-based solutions. You should be able to deliver projects for varied business domains. Including (but not limited to), global brands, international construction architecture, manufacturing, education, museums, etc.
You are responsible to deliver real business value to the customers. To realize the creative vision, by driving through ambiguity with well-architected technical designs, planning/tracking achievable schedules, technical hands-on leadership, and your own significant code & process contributions.
You will work collaboratively, in the spirit of rapid prototyping, with production, art, design, and a high performing team of developers to deliver world class application products with superb production values.
You lead by example with a hands-on engineering approach and are confident and comfortable presenting ideas to customers and partners.
You actively seek out, accept, and provide feedback from peers. You are a leader across the studio fostering a feedback and growth mindset culture that enables the studio to constantly learn and improve.
You own managing the technical expectations from the client, and proactively address any concerns through clear communication channels; you are the technical ambassador.