Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Software Engineer Lead
Job（岗位）: Principal Software Engineer Lead
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help build our next set of client platforms for the Azure Mixed Reality Services. The ideal candidate is inclusive and wants to work alongside a team of engineers who have a wide range of skills and experiences to execute the project vision. You are a person with domain knowledge and expertise in building clients and services across different platforms, have a passion for knowing the system from customer to backend. You will build clients and services for Mixed Reality Services across all platforms, including PC, HoloLens, Android, and iOS, using our native technology stack and have an opportunity to collaborate with leading computer vision experts at Microsoft. In addition, you should be passionate about designing and delivering high-quality code optimized for performance and ease of use. Finally, you will participate in designing and developing critical components and services in the platform and growing your expertise in cross-platform development, distributed systems, and computer vision.
- 10+ years of experience as a software developer
- 5+ years of demonstrated expertise in C/C++, C#, Java or equivalent programming languages and multi-threaded programming.
- 3+ years of experience of Lead experience in software engineering/development
- 5+ years of experience designing and building scalable frameworks
- BS or MS degree in Computer science or equivalent
- Have a genuine passion for mixed reality related technologies and experiences
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, and Program Managers
- Experience with cross platform development.
Cloud Screen Requirement:
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Build effective working relationships internally and externally with varying collaborators and accommodate diverse individuals and groups’ working styles and perspectives.
- Deliver performant code across multiple platforms and release high-quality applications on time
- Drive the technical fundamentals for the product.
- Mentor junior engineers on best coding and design practices
- Make timeline and prioritization for the investments in the team.
- Perform and thrive in an environment where your work can change rapidly in response to customer feedback and data.
- Drive engineering processes that enable the team to respond to market dynamics in an agile but reliable way.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership and management with a strong passion for growing team members’ capabilities and careers.
- Have a passion for creating a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work.
- In collaboration with program management, define and deliver a long-term vision for the Environment Understanding frameworks in Mixed Reality.
- Partner with teams across Mixed Reality to build a strong platform for MR consumers to delight users and developers.