Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Electrical Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Electrical Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality ships – from firmware to final hardware. .
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven electrical engineer with strong EE fundamentals and proven track record of bringing high density electronics assemblies from prototype through high volume mass production. A successful candidate will be a technical leader, effective communicator, creative, willing learner, and effective working in teams to solve cross functional problems.
- 8 years of experience with design and validation of consumer electronics assemblies including HDI PCB, FPC, and RFPC.
- Proficiency with schematic entry and PCB design software. Cadence Concept HDL & Allegro preferred.
- Working knowledge of materials, stackups and padstacks used for flex, rigid-flex, and rigid designs.
- Experience with IC package design and advanced HDI technologies is desirable.
- Experience and desire to work in lab to perform bringup and validation of electronic assemblies.
- Proficiency with circuit design concepts from analog, mixed signal and transmission line design.
- Proficiency with spice to perform Analog and mixed signal Circuit simulation and tolerance analysis.
- Experience choosing and deploying serial digital interfaces such as I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages and mathematical modeling such as Python and Matlab.
- Familiarity with various display technologies and opto-electronic assemblies such as LCD, LCOS, uLED, MEMS and lasers.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- An onboard hire will work alongside mechanical, optical and software peers to deliver complex, high density electrical assemblies to build world class MR products
- Own electrical assemblies from performance requirements definition to validated, integrated assembly.
- Run Spice simulations, tolerance analysis and breadboard/quick turn prototyping to verify designs.
- Write detailed theory of operation, architecture and validation documents for your designs.
- Prepare and present cross functional design reviews.
- Perform schematic capture and work with layout engineers to realize your design.
- Survey capability of substrate fabricators to fit assembly density, electrical and mechanical requirements … optimize tradeoffs with partner engineering teams
- Support debug & failure analysis at PCBA and form factor builds, possibly on location with a CM.
The position requires international travel to support manufacturing builds, ~10% travel required.