Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior DFX Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior DFX Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
The Microsoft HoloLens Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Design for Manufacturing Engineer on the Electrical Engineering team.
Role & Opportunity:
The Microsoft HoloLens System Electrical Engineering group is looking for a passionate & team-oriented engineer to join us in shaping the future of Augmented-Reality devices. You will be focused on enabling new manufacturing processes and technologies to help drive miniaturization of our engineering and integration capabilities. Your end-to-end engagement will include design development, new design and process characterization, and manufacturing launch of next generation Microsoft hardware. You will get to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering disciplines across the company. You will drive and define PCB and FPC design and manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Material Science Engineering.
- 8+ years as either a Design for Manufacturing (DfM) engineer, hardware engineer in product development, or high-volume manufacturing process engineer involving electro-mechanical systems manufacturing and integration.
- Consistently demonstrating strong technical aptitude and experience with electro-mechanical design and related manufacturing process. Some examples include: Design for assembly / Manufacturing; FPCA and PCBA design & SMT manufacturing; EE and ME component and material selection.
- Concurrent engineering experience with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability in product and statistical process control, part characterization, structured problem solving, defect/failure analysis, DOE, reliability testing, statistical data analysis.
- Proficiency with 3D design tools and other CAD suites. Knowledge in Pro-E/Creo, SolidWorks, Cadence Allegro, or Zuken is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and structured problem-solving approach; Experience leveraging manufacturing data to identify design and assembly issues and subsequently drive continuous quality.
- Design for manufacturing (DfM) experience in a high-volume environment preferred.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Integral technical engagement and concurrent engineering collaboration within the HoloLens internal product development group
- Early engagement in the product design process to identify design elements that are new, unique, or difficult and enable their realization through all engineering verification and validation cycles.
- Identify, characterize and deliver manufacturing processes with external vendors that enable the commercialization of unique and emerging technologies in new product categories.
- Directing and setting priorities for teams focused on creating new ways to solve complex design and manufacturing challenges, cost reduction and yield improvement efforts, inventing and commercializing new technologies and methods.
- Perform technical analyses, recommend, prepare and execute designs-of-experiments, and characterize process and design interactions.
- Stay current and versed in emerging technologies, materials, methods and manufacturing processes. Especially in the PCB, FPC and SMT technologies.
- Lead efforts within our hardware organization to define and evolve new internal methods, as well as generate and evangelize best practices guidelines to enable efficiencies in future hardware development and launch activities.
- Drive DFM (PCB/FPC design rules, SMT and other), activities in the hardware product development schedules to meet or exceed product targets (ex. Quality, reliability, safety, cost).
10-20% travel to domestic and overseas vendor and factory sites is required.