Microsoft AR/VR Job | Material Processing Engineer – Mixed Reality
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Espoo, Finland
The Microsoft HoloLens hardware team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We’re a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we’ll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
We are looking for Material Technology Specialist/Material Processing Engineer to join our Advanced Optics team. Working on Microsoft HoloLens you will be part of an organization which consists of professionals from the fields of optics, micro- and nanofabrication process technologies, and mechanical engineering.
In this role you will be working hands-on with unique materials, micro- and nanofabrication technologies, and tools to ensure future product, production processes and equipment meet their targets for capability and quality.
Your background in industrial R&D, manufacturing, and hands-on experience on micro- and nanofabrication methods as well as your desire for continuous improvement, learning and working in high-tech field will enable you to adopt our innovative manufacturing methods and help you to have an impact as we are engineering the future.
Material technology specialist/Material processing engineer
- Designs, develops, creates, and tests new materials for optical functional components
- Designs, develops, creates, and tests new materials for new optical component manufacturing processes
- Interacts with optical design, manufacturing, optical validation, and process development teams to assist in overall development of optical systems.
- Specifies, selects, and verifies the specifications and functionality of materials for optical components.
- Develops and implements test procedures for use in validation of new material technologies.
- Provides multi-discipline support to resolve technical issues associated with processing and/or designing of optical materials.
- Applies quantitative and qualitative analysis in determining root cause of highly technical problems and develops and implements solutions for corrective action.
- Tests new and existing material technologies using physical test environments, and documents changes through a formal engineering change notification process.
- Reviews and documents external supplier or manufacturer capabilities for producing new optical materials or components and recommends necessary changes to improve or expand upon capabilities.
Understanding in optical materials and their processing, material rheology, mechanical properties, material interface chemical interactions, surface chemistry, thin film chemistry, material reliability, environment and process relations in polymer-based production are great assets for daily work.
- Master’s degree in Material or Chemical Engineering, Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry or Material Physics AND 1+ years Technology development/ Project working experience
- Fluid problem solving skills in material challenges
- Solid understanding of technology/material impact to system
- Demonstrated cross-technical collaboration
- Result driven and ability to work in a highly challenging environment with high degree of ambiguity
- Multi-tasking-and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Capability to utilize modern data analysis and statistical tools in daily work
- Good IT skills
- Experience in material technology development for commercial products
- Experience in clean room working environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Material technology development for advanced optics high volume manufacturing processes
- Design and conduct research in the lab
- Plan testing and processes for new materials, document results and conduct analysis to support internal and external stakeholders
- Define material technical requirements and create technical documentation
- Engage with raw material and equipment suppliers, interfacing at technical level for external development partners
- Participate in failure analysis and root cause investigation using various analytical techniques
- Participate in creating intellectual property. May file patents within own area of scope and complete necessary patent documentation.
- Assist in applying known technical solutions to common design and fabrication challenges, independently.
- Implement or recommend technical solutions to common quality and design challenges, with guidance from others.
- Use data and statistical analyses to make recommendations to improve/optimize existing material technology that can be used by your own team