Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal PM Manager – Mixed Reality
Job（岗位）: Principal PM Manager – Mixed Reality
Citys（岗位城市）: Gurgaon, India
In mixed reality, people-not devices-are at the centre of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together- whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of virtual mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
The Microsoft Mixed Reality Team continues to innovate and develop ground-breaking augmented reality devices and innovative technology across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and image, and video processing, networking, and graphics.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers, and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the internet of things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences and we are eager to maintain grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues.
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset, and collaboration, we need you!
- First-level university degree or equivalent required in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 15 or more years of industry experience dealing with new technologies, managing cross-functional and/or cross-team
- Minimum 10 or more years of demonstrated experience working through a complete product cycle, from initial design through post-release support, across functions.
- Domain knowledge of Wireline Broadband, Optical, Wireless (Wi-fi, LTE, 5G), Cloud, AI, AR, VR, MR technologies, devices, and its applications is essential
- Experience in owning Product P&L or leading pre-sales teams in large scale opportunities in Private, Enterprise, Carrier, Public Sector, and Government including Defense in the ICT industry, preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills with a focus on engineering problems and solutions
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing engineering, technology, standardization, business development, and product development domains
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and agility, outstanding communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Principal Program Manager will be responsible to define and own the XR product approvals based on the regulatory landscape, market, and industry trends. This role will also be supporting all facets of product management throughout the product development cycle. This includes creating and supporting business opportunity proposals, RFPs, SOWs, development partner selection, contracts, management of development, supporting volume production ramp, and sustaining engineering activities. You will be responsible for scoping development engineering programs, driving decisions that impact capabilities and customer experience as well as providing status and recommendations to immediate and executive-level management.
This role will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and communicating regulatory compliance, business development, and proof of concept with carriers and enterprises, engaging with Government/policymakers on technology enablement, and providing thought leadership within the regulatory team, which includes maintaining awareness and effective management of the business, technology, standardization, information risks, challenges and opportunities within the environment.
- This person will be tasked with leading a team, ensuring all the Microsoft Mixed Reality products, aligning with the quality goals, and getting these products approved by the regulators for the respective regions.
- Technology evangelist works closely with regulators, policymakers, carriers, defense, and enterprises (both public and private sectors), trade associations, the research community, and academia. Track closely the changes in the market, industry landscape, technology trends, and competition.
- Provide direct leadership for multiple individual contributors across multiple geographies responsible for ensuring that XR products meet the regulatory standard in their respective regions.
- Analyze new features based on the product roadmap and gather regulatory requirements and provide guidance and feedback to Engineering and Product team
- Lead the business development, partnership activities including engagements with Carriers, Enterprises on technical discussions, proof of concept/trials/ product demos.
- Understand and integrate all domestic regulatory compliance requirements and prepare comprehensive risk mitigation strategies including regulatory/policy advocacy plans.
- Interact directly with senior leaders and cross-functional teams to ensure regulatory compliance requirements and collaborate on business development and sales support activities