Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer – Game Physics (Havok)
Citys（岗位城市）: Munich, Germany
Havok has been at the forefront of innovation in videogame development for over a decade. We build cross-platform game engine technology, mainlyfor AAA titles.Our clients includeEA, Sony, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bungie, Avalanche, and DICE.Ourgroup ismade up of talented, small teams.Each of our engineershasa chance toimprove our group, our business, andourground-breaking products. We cultivate a professional, stable development environment that is not subject to the lengthy periods of crunch time sometimes associated with game development.
The Munich branch of the Havok team has a strong focus on research of physics algorithms, developing new products or trying to deploy game physics algorithms in a VR (Virtual Reality) & AR (Augmented Reality) context.
OurMunich team is growing to take on new challenges and this is an excellent opportunity to get involved at the start of exciting, high impact projects.
What you will do
- Developing optimized code (e.g., C++, C#) for the very latest hardware platforms
- Writing cross-platform, multithreaded engine code
- Leading and participating in code reviews with other members of the engineering team
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including implementation, testing, documentation and delivery
- Working directly with product management and customers to understand their requirements and implement software solutions
- Developing and maintaining one of the most respected codebases in the games industry
- Drafting tutorials, white papers and speaking at technical meetings / conferences
- Taking ownership of more general projects/responsibilities within the development team such as recruitment initiatives and relationships with partner companies
- Working directly with customers to ensure they are getting the most from Havok products
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional programming skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of 3D math and linear algebra
- Proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
There are plenty of other skills that are not required, but you will find them useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Experience developing 3D graphics applications and tools
- Low level optimization skills, experience in middleware and physics
- Experience working with established, large-scale software architectures
- Experience working within and extending one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell)
- Experience using 3D modeling tools (e.g., Maya or 3ds Max)
- Experience shipping a product
- Passion for, and understanding of,the videogame industry
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our Munich Havok team is focused on
- Physics research
- Algorithmic development
- Second tier customer support
- Help support team and get engaged directly with AAA gaming studios to solve hard problems.
- Helping mixed reality team by applying physics expertise to improve quality, developer, and end user experience in the fields of:
- Simulation technology
- Data processing
- General developer experience