Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
At Mixed Reality Capture Studios, we record holographic video—holograms of dynamic people and performances. Our team is pioneering volumetric capture and playback, operating a volumetric capture studio in San Francisco and licensing the technology to partners worldwide. We are looking for a Software Engineer with a strong computer graphics background to join our development team to help advance this new visual medium, delivering volumetric video content in new ways, leveraging leading collaborative technologies like Microsoft Mesh.
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional software development experience in C# and/or C++
- 2+ years of experience in Computer Graphics principles and related 3D math fundamentals
- Experience working in and extending modern game engines such as Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Solid understanding of modern real-time rendering techniques and their GPU implementation
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Understanding of software development processes and product management methodologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Design, develop and support real-time software technologies for rendering volumetric video across a wide range of platforms and experiences.
- Work with experts across the Mixed Reality organization to bring new technology and research into shipping products and services.
- Engage with clients and users to understand their challenges, design, and support solutions suitable for real-world production.
- Rapidly iterate on quick prototypes to “fail fast” while solving problems of high technical complexity and scale.
- Deliver state-of-the-art, performant results, balancing engineering excellence with production realities.