Microsoft AR/VR Job | Responsible Mixed Reality Studio Lead
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
Microsoft is committed to ensuring we design and deploy the most ethical, equitable, and safe platforms and experiences for the next generation of computing. The Mixed Reality team is developing future technologies to support richer human interactions between physical and virtual worlds that uphold existing responsible AI principles, and go further to ensure trust and safety is at the forefront of all that is created.
The Responsible MR Studio is a division of the Mixed Reality Design & UX Research team. The Studio lead will take a design-led approach to uncovering opportunities and establishing design guidelines for ethical hardware and software that powers mixed reality experiences, including first party devices, first and third party software solutions, and platform services. The studio will work closely with product teams to help articulate and bring to life requirements that span architecture to potential societal implications of mixed reality technology.
As such, the ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of ethics and society, the unique attributes and value prop of mixed reality, demonstrable track record applying ethics research to XR products and services, and experience leading a cross-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, creative technologists, and strategists.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in product design, HCI, information science, or a social science orientation such as sociology, anthropology, or media studies
- 15+ years of experience in applying human-centered insight to ethical product development
- The ability to lead a highly diverse team of creatives, strategists, researchers, and engineers to solve complex and abstract problems
- A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in the design of products and services, tackling complex questions around identity, privacy, authenticity, moderation, inter-generational interaction, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to influence an ecosystem of stakeholders, from policy makers to highly technical leadership to external partners with product requirements in an agile and iterative development environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will be leading a team that drives vision and product development for all Mixed Reality products and services. You will bring your strong design thinking skills and multitude of experiences to establishing principles and prototype solutions for ethical, fair, equitable, safe, and secure mixed reality products and services. We’re looking for someone who is forward-thinking and willing to challenge and provoke new ways to ensure we are not only mitigating harms, but innovating towards the promise of a better world. You must have strong experience with identifying relevant customer, cultural, commercial, and policy insights and translating these insights into compelling design solutions. This position requires excellent design, communication, and organization skills, as well as the ability to work across teams.