Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer 2 / Senior Software Engineer – Mixed Reality team
Citys（岗位城市）: Belgrade, Serbia
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Microsoft Mixed Reality & AI Lab – Belgrade sits at the forefront of research, hardware, and software development in the field of virtual human presence in mixed reality. Comprising a diverse, multidisciplinary team, we approach our work not just as an exciting technological opportunity, but with a responsibility to develop this new medium of 3D communication in an inclusive and ethical way. We combine insights in computer vision, machine learning, and graphics, to understand the motion, shape, and appearance of a user, and recreate their likeness remotely using advanced computer graphics. We guide our technological development by building human-centric experiences to ensure we design solutions that people will love to use.
This job gives you opportunity to:
- Work with world-class AI researchers, hardware and software engineers
- Leave a strong impact on the upcoming set of Microsoft Mixed Reality products
- Learn and grow in the field of soft
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
- 3+ years of C++ or C# development experience
- 1+ years of experience in Python (especially data science packages)
- 1+ years of experience in distributed systems
- High-level understanding of Machine Learning paradigms
- Strong customer focus and data driven approach
- Great collaboration and team-player skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Partner with other roles on developing runtime and demo experiences in the field of 3D telepresence and take active role in evaluating results of user research experiments to help the team focus where the biggest value for the customer is
- Work with engineers and researchers on building distributed solutions for algorithm evaluation, comparison, and visualization
- Work on algorithm optimizations and productization across different platforms (mobile, desktop and the Cloud)