Microsoft AR/VR Job | Mixed Reality Strategic Initiatives Leader
Citys（岗位城市）: Reston, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Mixed Reality is seeking a passionate, competent leader with a successful track record of devising and developing large scale business, delivering scale solutions to the public sector and Fortune 1000. The ideal candidate will understand the customer mission and articulate market opportunities into strategic business goals that will inform Mixed Reality and Artificial Intelligence product ambitions.
The Strategic Initiatives leader will drive the development and growth of new MR and AI products. You will coordinate with Microsoft constituent organizations and partners to initiate customer engagements that deliver unique customer solutions and accelerate our Mixed Reality & Artificial Intelligence product roadmap.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of proven experience driving technical product management, growth of revenue and product adoption
- 10+ years of experience engaging the Fortune 1000 or Public Sector on product development initiatives
- History developing, acquiring, and fielding technology solutions into commercial and public sector markets
- Experience managing direct customer relationships at the senior executive level
- Experience managing the end-to-end delivery of large-scale solutions, from capture to deployment
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Mixed Reality and AI product management and growth strategy
- Listening, storytelling, and negotiation skills, with the ability to distill complex technological processes into value statements easily digested by the non-technical, senior executive, customer leader
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Fingerprint Background Check: This position will be required to pass a customer required Fingerprint Background Check.
- Ability to obtain a US GOVT security clearance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Develop new product business plans and growth strategies
- Ensure Mixed Reality Product Development and Business endeavors meet desired outcomes
- Drive the development and adoption of nascent Mixed Reality solutions
- Manage strategic alliances with suppliers, partners, and lighthouse customers
- Partner with peer organizations across productivity, Azure, and sales to ensure customer opportunities and product roadmap are aligned
- Develop commercialization strategy and activities for the MR solution practice, scoping growth opportunities and aligning associated product roadmaps & BD engagements
- Drive alignment between Microsoft executive leaders, ecosystem partners, and customers