Microsoft AR/VR Job | Business Strategy Leader, Retail & Consumer Goods
Type（岗位类型）: Business Development & Strategy
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States | Other, United States
It is an exciting time in the retail and consumer goods industry (RCG). Our industry is undergoing breakthrough transformation that is not simply about technology, but also about companies re-envisioning existing business models and embracing a different way of bringing together people, data, and processes to create new value for their customers.
The Business Strategy Leader will shape industry strategies and create deep partnerships that empower digital transformation across Retail & Consumer Goods. He/She will ensure that Microsoft customers are well-positioned for success in a rapidly changing business and technology environment.
With a deep understanding of consumer goods industry, customer requirements, and the competitive landscape, the Business Strategy Leader will lead the development of go-to-market industry solutions in partnership with all cross-functional Microsoft teams such as Field sales, Marketing, Partner, Cloud solution engineering teams etc. to drive sales.
The Business Strategy Leader will have deep CG experience, an established network within these industries worldwide, as well as the technical expertise to guide the team in developing and supporting vertical solutions. This individual will be a strong virtual team leader, able to cultivate relationships with senior management and manage across functional teams. Critical skills include the ability to identify new market opportunities, models, and solution gaps; articulate business value and outcomes; and build strategies around market requirements.
In order to help the team create and advise others on the appropriate solutions portfolio, the Business Strategy Leader role will drive a deep understanding of customer business issues, context, challenges and strategic direction (both with the customer, and within the industry the customer operates), as well as have an understanding of the partner ecosystem relevant to industry solutions and local markets. Deep understanding and expertise in digital transformation opportunities across in RCG is required, supported by thought leadership in advanced technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), predictive analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, cognitive services, mixed reality, and other solutions and capabilities with a particular focus on transformation and the disruption in the industry.
This role specifically seeks to build a strategy in helping Consumer Goods customers develop consumer first category strategies and build resilient operations and supply chain to drive business acceleration. Solutioning would entail partnership on technology POV as well as operational change customers must consider to maximize the opportunity data transformation brings.
- 10+ years industry domain experience working in business/sales/leadership roles within the Retail or Consumer Goods industry.
- 10+ years business planning and market opportunity development skills.
- 10+ years industry solution experience.
- Solid technical expertise relevant to the industry solution areas
- 10+ years in consulting at Big 5 or top tier consulting firm (preferred)
- Experienced managing virtual teams without authority.
- MBA experience a bonus.
Leadership position in Retail or CG related role previously a bonus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $123,500 and $214,000.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Build and lead the strategy for Consumer Goods domain within Retail & Consumer goods Industry. Amplify internally and externally thought leadership in this area
- Develop in partnership with Engineering high impact Microsoft first party and third-party solutions which are centered on key business outcomes
- Champion adoption and merits across the organization and with customers for Category Management, Operations & Supply Chain solutions.
- Review, assess and select partners who demonstrate tight alignment to the strategy and can bolster 1P+3P Microsoft offering to customers
- Partner closely with Industry and Product marketing to position the strategy and narrative in alignment with enterprise standards and creating relevance in market
- Work closely with industry Regional Business Leaders (RBL) to understand the requirements in the field, to develop the content, services, and partner engagement models. Develop strategies for scale execution by field resources.
- Participate in a cross-team governance process that represents the needs of Industry solutions, customers, and the field, effectively liaising with engineering and other corporate functions to problem-solve and develop innovative new strategies and programs.
- Engage with customers in co-innovation scenarios