Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Sensor Technical Program Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Program Management
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond sensors, screens and pixels to create new realities and new insights aimed at bringing us closer together. To get there, we’re incorporating a diverse set of groundbreaking Mixed Reality technologies, leveraging computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re looking for a talented Principal Program Manager who excels at leading and delivering complex sensor solutions with the ability to drive fuzzy requirements to actionable specification for the engineering team(s). You will focus on all sensors (Low Light, Thermals, etc.) by working closely with Software, Hardware, Product Integrity and Manufacturing engineers as well as suppliers. Your primary focus will be leading and driving the software specifications, requirements, architecture, driver stacks and manufacturing test to ensure a great customer experience.
- 4+ years of Program Management and/or engineering
- Must be U.S. Citizen to meet government screening requirements
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
- Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other engineering field or equivalent experience
- Able to translate use cases/requirements into measurable specifications.
- Desired experience sensors, image pipelines, algorithms
- At least 2+ Experience working through a complete product ship cycles (from initial design through release
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills; ability to distill information for the right audience.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver Mixed Reality sensor subsystems by working cross-discipline teams in software features development, verification engineering, reliability, research, and business support groups such as sourcing and legal.
- Define new feature requirements and partner closely with engineering to get this implemented.
- Develop and actively manage program schedules, deliverables, scorecards, execution plans, bugs triage and investigations.
- Work with development teams to create end-to-end customer experiences, program plans, specifications, performance, critical to quality specs, and conduct checkpoint reviews.
- Proactively identify program risks and issues, and work with the teams to identify timely and actionable mitigations
Lead 3rd party software technical meetings and track all issues