Microsoft AR/VR Job | Producer
Type（岗位类型）: Product Management
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
AltspaceVRis the leading social events platform, offering cross-device live immersive virtual experiences using Microsoft’s Mixed Reality technologies (HoloLens,Holocapture, Azure Kinect) to emulate presence and connection, while building and fostering community. Our mission, to enable creators to easily produce, host andeventuallymonetize events successfully. Our goal, to enable the next level of social interaction and engagement between artists and audiences to keep people wanting to come back for more.
Bringing people together from all over the world, theAltspaceVRplatform has been the venue for countless live events, including virtual concerts, festivals, comedy shows, tech talks, LGBTQ meetups, meditation groups, dance parties, conferences and more. All our events are hosted by our community of creators, as well as celebrities and brands, including Burning Man, Diplo, Reggie Watts, NBC, Pitbull, Accenture, Rapsody, Baobab Studios, Mix Master Mike, and Bill Nye. Sitting at the intersection of experience, content and community, theAltspaceVRteam is forging the future of virtual events.
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. This is an opportunity to be an innovator!
The role of Producer for AltspaceVR is an integral part of our production team. Working in collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders, the Technical Producer will help to provide support, testing, feedback, and general platform knowledge to ensure a seamless user experience for partners and customers.
The Technical Producer is also responsible for the onboarding of new partners to help equip them with the resources and tools needed to execute their events. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task while providing support for multiple events running concurrently.
The Technical Producer is also responsible for the creation and maintenance of both user-facing and internal documentation. This role requires a high level of technical skill as well as video production capabilities.
The Technical Producer will be responsible for partnering with Microsoft Event Production, Marketing and Product teams.
- 4+years of experience producing events on virtual platforms
- 2+ years’ of experience building worlds on virtual platform
- Demonstrate subject-matter expertise on virtual events platform, 2D and VR
- 3+ years’ experience in video production and editorial
- Excellent organizational, planning, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and navigate through unexpected roadblocks.
- Experience working in Mixed Reality
- Proactive project management and cross-functional communication
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in a customer support and moderation role
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Support internal teams with production needs, documentation and support for events and product testing.
- Work with strategic external partners/customers to ensure their events are set up for success through early testing, diagnostics, and recommendations.
- Manage technical arrangements with internal and external teams, including testing, production and more.
- Produce internal and external facing content – documentation and videos – around the use of AltspaceVR tools and features, and maintain an up-to-date content library accessible by the team.
- Create internal guides and onboarding documentation for the Event Production team roles and processes.
- Troubleshoot technical problems before/during/after the event/experience.
- Quickly solve problems and make quick decisions during the production of live events.
- Educate partners onAltspaceVR’stechnologies and services.