Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Engineer for Technology and Foundry Interface
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Austin, United States | Portland, United States | Mountain View, United States
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- 10+ years of experience in Semiconductor Process development and manufacturing.
- 5+ years’ experience in Foundry management or technology evaluation in the Fabless semiconductor model with some experience in custom process and custom library development
- Deep understanding of device physics, foundry design collateral management, process qualification, broad fabrication process experience, device reliability, statistical analysis, yield improvement, and physical failure analysis techniques
- Experience in supporting design teams with PDKs, IP development, tapeout, establishing DFM and design for reliability requirements and implementation of test structures for test chips
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Background on imaging Sensor product is a strong plus.
- Experience in
- Leading cross functional teams and understands program/project management.
- Managing supply chain, vendors / partners, and Integrated Circuit production.
- Capable of product yield/performance analysis, and design process co-optimization.
- Experience with Cadence, Calibe, HSPICE for device and IP study.
- Experience in system/customer requirements gathering and interfacing.
- Model based problem solving skills through strong data analysis and understanding of SOC design features, FAB process interactions and test methodology.
- Proficient in data analysis tools like excel, JMP, etc.
- Strong probability and statistics background including DOE’s.
- Experience in product and test engineering, and ATE test program methodologies
- Knowledgeable in DFT and DFM techniques.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Foundry Engineer with a passion for product development to support SOC and Mixed Signal ASIC / Imaging Sensors. The position will have responsibility for foundry support for new product development which includes design and device development support as well product development.