Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Senior Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Mesh (https://www.mesh.com) is a platform that enables mixed reality (AR/VR) applications to build collaborative & environment aware experiences. Users who are in the same space can view holograms together in a shared experience. Users are who are apart can experience each-others presence through avatars or holoportation while working together in the same virtual space, or engage with persisted holographic content placed by someone else. Behind the scenes, services that bring together users pose (head, body, and hand position), spatial audio, avatar look-and-feel, holoportation, head tracking, spatial localization, scene understanding, and object anchoring connect with client SDKs to make this happen. To deliver on the user experience and unlock enterprise value, there is a lot of data capture, processing and transmission that must happen in real-time, and be reliably persisted and represented across devices.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management or Software Development experience
- 2+ years of experience on developer experiences (APIs, SDKs, samples, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with AR/VR applications, 3D development/design, prototyping, and/or computer vision/computational photography
- Experience with Unity, OpenXR, WinMR, ARKit, ARCore
- Experience working on developer experiences that span edge devices (HMDs, servers, etc.) and cloud services.
- Experience in driving clarity, alignment, and execution across matrixed teams/organizations
- Experience supporting shipped in-market products
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- You will work closely with peer product managers, partner teams, our developer ecosystem, and end-users to understand their requirements for Environment Understanding (EU) developer experience.
- You will work with our EU engineering/science and partner teams, to drive EU developer experiences & technical designs.
- You will drive clarity of requirements and execution to deliver on our internal and external commitments related to EU developer experience.
- You will establish, measure, and drive improvement of key performance indicators for the EU developer experience
- You will generate energy and excitement around current execution, and roadmap within the immediate team and broader MR organization.
- You will effectively collaborate, build relationships, and influence team members to achieve business objectives.
- You will live Microsoft’s values by being a positive force for inclusion, allyship, and mentoring.