Meta AR/VR Job | Research Scientist Intern, 3D Reconstruction and Rendering (PhD)
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, WA
Date（发布日期）: Before 2021-12-14
Facebook Reality Labs Redmond is looking for exceptional interns to help create the next generation of virtual and augmented reality. Our research focuses on true solutions to complex tracking problems, delivering novel technologies and algorithms fundamental to future VR and AR systems. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with industry-leading researchers and engineers who are defining the future of VR.
Our research topics include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
* Computer vision and machine learning, with an emphasis on eyes and/or faces
* Geometric modeling and non-linear optimization for compact representation of high-dimensional functions.
* Photometric reconstruction of eyes and faces using advanced capture and rendering techniques
* Statistical modeling of oculomotor systems and sensor fusion algorithms
* Eye movement prediction and perceptual control loops
* Scene and Video analysis, Multi-modal sensor and interaction fusion, Egomotion data-analysis, Object Detection/Segmentation
* Machine learning on 3D point clouds for shape understanding
* Disentangled-latent representation learning for image synthesis in 2D and 3D
* Temporal sequence learning for gaze estimation and prediction
* Statistical machine learning for uncertainty analysis and prediction
In particular, we welcome candidates who strive for a deep understanding of complex systems, and a strong desire to push beyond state-of-the-art. We also welcome students with a passion for working in a strongly collaborative team that spans research across algorithms, hardware design and systems prototyping.
Our team at Facebook Reality Labs offers sixteen (16) to twenty four (24) week long internships and we have various start dates throughout the year.
Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in the field of Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math, Physics or a related STEM field
High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Research, model, design, and/or build novel tracking architectures
Fundamental analysis and understanding of emitters, signal reflectance models from complex surfaces, and sensors that form novel tracking systems
Collaborate with researchers and engineers across diverse disciplines
Communication of research agenda, progress and results
Analyze large-scale temporal ego-motion data with multiple sensors to understand human-interaction in the real-world
Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
Experience with C/C++/Python, numerical optimization, and/or machine learning
Experience with geometric modeling, computer vision algorithms, non-linear optimization, Bayesian estimation, and differentiable rendering
Experience with basic optical systems, with an emphasis on the optics of the human eye
Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top computer vision and machine learning related conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ICLR, ICML, NeurIPS, etc.