Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Opto-Electronic Engineer – Mixed Reality and Advanced Optics
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Espoo, Finland
The Mixed Reality HW and Advanced Optics Team in Finland is expanding to include novel optical cloud systems for Azure’s datacenter infrastructure. We are seeking a highly motivated Opto-Electronic Engineer to join our fresh Advanced Optics for the Cloud Team to develop the disruptive technology for cloud storage systems.
If you are passionate about applying your engineering skills to turn the disruptive technologies of today into the hardware of the future and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
As a Opto-Electronic Engineer, you’ll get to know how to control and drive femtosecond lasers, optical modulators, beam scanners, and different types of manipulators and control systems for creating a unique optical cloud storage system.
You’ll be working in a world class multi-disciplinary team of optics, electronics and mechanics specialists and a leadership that will guide and help you grow on your career. Your creativity and imagination will be put to great use as you discover and overcome the challenges encountered when pioneering new technologies and applying known technologies in novel ways.
This is a great opportunity to join us and be on the very frontline of this new and exciting optical data storage innovation.
- BS/MS in opto-electronics engineering or related hardware engineering discipline
- Proven track record of 3-5+ years of experience in electrical design or product development
- Excellent technical design skills and proven ability to drive complex multidisciplinary system designs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience on prototyping
- PhD preferred
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience in industrial design, model-based systems engineering, machine vision, and design for manufacture
- Robotics industrial design experience
Join us as an Opto-Electronic Engineer and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Lead the opto-electronics engineering for future optical storage systems, including concept designing electronics architecture and specification
- Minimize technical and development risks applying an end-2-end systems opto-electronics engineering approach for manufacture
- Evaluate system costs and understand compromises of different opto-electronics and robotics concepts
- Optimization of opto-electronics and robotics sub-subsystem concepts to maximize the system-level performance
- Design of engineering verification tests and sub system prototypes
- Lead and manage the team comprised of both internal and external resources to execute on the design, verification, and implementation opto-electronics solutions, including supply chain evaluation
- Create clarity in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders, including external partners
- Building and leading the opto-electronics and automation engineering team, including talent hiring and people skill development
- Concept development of the electrical drivers, synchronization, and controlling systems for the new storage system
- Opto-electronic design for manufacture in industrial and robotic applications
- Excellent communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers, and executive leadership
- Systems-thinking, and ability to partition complex systems into clear electronics engineering architectures
- Ability to leverage the strengths of a multi-disciplinary team, which backgrounds in physics, research, software, hardware engineering, and product development
- Good understanding on industrial, robotic, and automation systems
- Ability to apply engineering methodology to reduce technical risk and create innovative automation solutions.
- Good understanding on high-frequency high-power analog systems, digital electronic systems, and integrated circuits such as FPGA
- Supply chain analysis and growth
- Familiarity with optical design preferred
- Familiarity with image processing and computer vision preferred