Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Electrical Engineer
Job（岗位）: Principal Electrical Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality ships – from firmware to final hardware.
Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology across a variety of form factors, and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Principal Electrical Engineer with a focus on Systems Integration and Product Design to develop high-density electronics from prototype through high volume mass production.
A successful candidate will be a technical leader, effective communicator, creative & willing learner, and effective working in teams to solve cross functional problems. A focus on EE Product Design is key.
- Minimum BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or related field. MS strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping high volume products of medium to high complexity in consumer electronics or similar.
- Hands-on design and factory bring-up experience required in a broad-range of phone/tablet/laptop sub-systems ranging from: RF, analog, digital, audio, video, power, electromechanical, low power, charging, display, sensors, and SOCs of x86 or ARM architectures.
- Proficient in brainstorming product architectures by, for example, drawing in a candid manner the electrical block diagrams of a product including SOC, PMIC, Display, Charger, Storage, DDR Memory, WiFi/BT radios, USB Interfaces, etc
- Proficient in high-speed digital design, signal and power integrity (e.g. PCIe, USB 3.0/4.0, Thunderbolt, Display Port, MIPI)
- Strong understanding of EMI/RFI mitigation techniques and their impact in mobile and cellular products.
- Creative and strong problem solving, debug, and failure analysis skills. Having a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
- Strong communication skills are required. This includes the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms at the executive level.
- Design for manufacturing and test experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key Responsibilities include
- Conceptualize and execute electrical designs for a Mixed Reality product by trading-off power, size, design complexity, and cost using components such as Switch Mode Power Supplies, Low Dropout Regulators (LDOs), ADCs, operational amplifiers, microcontrollers, Systems-on-Chips (SOCs), etc
- Develop and capture schematics and work collaboratively with PCB layout engineers to deliver the electrical components for a Mixed Reality product (PCBs, FPCs, RFPCs)
- Perform bringup and validation of PCB’s, circuits and electrical subsystems
- Collaborate with a world-class mechanical engineering team to integrate electrical subsystems in form factors that are beautiful, light-weight and manufacturable
- Prototype design ideas and test them to de-risk engineering builds and provide early hardware for cross-functional stakeholders in the software team
- Partner with Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Software to execute proof-of-concept for new products
- Brainstorm new product architectures with cross-functional teams in a candid manner by leveraging prior Product Design experience and an intuition for exceptional product experience
- Work with SW architecture team to strategize on long lead time items that need Hardware support.
- Be a source of knowledge about technology advancements in battery, displays, cameras, sensors, RF, and audio.
- Support failure analysis efforts to root cause failure modes and feedback into the design