Microsoft AR/VR Job | Researcher – Mixed Reality – Microsoft Research
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
The EPIC (Extended Perception, Interaction & Cognition) Research Group is an interdisciplinary group of researchers, engineers, scientists, and designers at Microsoft Research who address fundamental issues in Human-Computer Interaction through prototyping, system-building, design sketching, and observational study of human behavior. You can learn more about our group and recent research at https://aka.ms/epic-research.
We are looking for a researcher to work on human-computer interaction (HCI) topics including but not limited to augmented and virtual reality, mixed reality, ubiquitous computing, sensing systems, spatial modeling, interaction techniques, and accessible and inclusive design. We seek to explore these areas by creating working prototypes of novel systems, developing new enabling technologies as needed. We expect the candidate to perform scholarly research, publish academic papers, and engage with Microsoft product groups to advance the state of the art and create meaningful impact. We seek candidates who are eager to show the next great HCI paradigm by building a working prototype. You will work closely with researchers, engineers, and designers at Microsoft Research, as well as with Microsoft’s product groups to bring your vision to reality in a way that positively impacts the world.
- A Ph.D. from a program relevant to Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related STEM field
- A research and innovation track record demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, patents, and/or real-world impact
- Strong software development and system-building skills
- Experience building sophisticated, real-time interactive systems, including those involving computer graphics, image processing, pattern recognition, sensing systems, and machine learning
- Deep knowledge ofrecent advancements in HCI, including augmented and virtual reality, mixed reality, ubiquitous computing, etc.
- Published in top HCI conferences such as CHI, UIST, ISMAR, IEEE VR, ICMI, Ubicomp, etc.
- Experience or familiarity with conducting research user studies of publishable quality
- Strong communication and collaborationskills
- Ability and desire to get up to speed and contribute to new topics and techniques
- Work independently and in a team, take initiative and lead engagements asrequired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Work with a small group of fellow research scientists to advance the state of the art in HCI, AR/VR and ubiquitous computing Interface with product groups to create real-world impact from research innovations. Driving the end-to-end research agenda from ideation and prototype development to scholarly and product group impact Publish and contributeto topscientific conferencesand journals.