Microsoft AR/VR Job | 3D Artist
Job（岗位）: 3D Artist
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Microsoft Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We are looking for a highly motivated 3D Artist to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project. You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe therehas tobe a better way. If you do too, we need you. Apply today!
- 3+ years’ experience as a 3D Artist experience working with Unity (or an equivalent engine) to design user interfaces for games, interactive experiences, and/or apps
- Proficient with various professional 3D software packages for asset content production (ex: Zbrush, Substance Painter, Maya, Houdini, Modo, Motion Builder, , etc.)
- Working knowledge with 3D Asset modeling and UV creation as well as Character rigging
- Experience with coding optimized HLSL shaders for high end consoles
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
- Candidates selected for this position may need to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
- Designed Virtual or Augmented Reality experience that has shipped
- Animation – You can bring inanimate objects to life
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
– Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work on the creative development, production, and execution of a variety of 3D models, textures, and materials for Mixed Reality experiences
- Work in multiple disciplines of the design team and be able to understand the needs of each unique area.
- Identify, implement, and/or invent the correct technical approach to be able to execute the Creative Director’s vision on target