Microsoft AR/VR Job | Staff Engineer
Job（岗位）: Staff Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
Staff Engineer on the Hololens Optics team in Redmond WA. Development and supporting role for the design of laser control systems and devices. Analysis of operation, performance and characterization of lasers and their interaction with active electronics. Staff or Sr Staff position depending on experience.
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis and presentation.
- Fluent in Python programming / scripting
- MATLAB (data analysis)
- Background or exposure to sampled data control systems
- BS/MS/PhD Electrical Engineering, Physics
- 5 years work experience.
- Signal processing of sensor data and/or data in the presence of noise.
- Use and/or design of digital filters.
- MATLAB (design and simulation tool boxes)
- Data analysis with tools such as SaS/JMP
- Additional programming languages;: C/C++ etc
- Proficient with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, meters, power supplies etc.
- Previous exposure to sampled data systems
- Proficient with Office tools and presentation to engineering teams.
- Previous exposure to use of lasers in systems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Supports and works with the laser control team to develop superior laser control systems and better understanding of laser characteristics.
- Works with and interfaces with calibration teams for AR products.
- Supports and is responsible for data analysis of various sensors, control parameters and general performance.
- Responsible for engineering validation of new control approaches and explorations.
- Provides documented summaries of findings and recommendations for enhancements.
- Collaborates with multi-discipline engineering teams in the development of AR products.