Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Data & Applied Scientist Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Vancouver, Canada
Connected Reality is a team within the Business Application Platform organization that includes both the Mixed Reality Applications and Connected Spaces – this product group provides the opportunity to work on transformative early-stage products in highly relevant, up-and-coming domains.
Mixed Reality is predicted to shape the way people will work and our mission here is to build tool grade innovative software to be used daily in the modern workplace. We are engaged with first line workers to develop heads up and hands free experiences that delivers the knowledge in context they need to tackle new challenges. We have two in-market apps that are being deployed by some of the world’s top companies. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides with easy to author step-by-step holographic instructions and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist which lets a remote expert see through the eyes of a worker and annotate into their view to help them solve problems.
Connected Spaces are ones where data from a variety of sources are continuously integrated into actionable insights for human use. The first app, Dynamics 365 Connected Store, is looking to transform the modern physical retail workplace. Our mission is to bring the same data-driven decision making enabled in online retail experiences, to physical stores, with a paramount focus on shopper privacy and Microsoft’s responsible AI principles. We use emerging technologies – including computer vision, IoT, and machine learning – to augment and improve the professional lives of retailers and their shoppers around the world.
An ideal candidate will have worked on early-stage products and is comfortable influencing across multiple disciplines. You will work closely and in partnership with teams in our business applications eco-system including developer, design, and PM teams to build the future of how we work. You will be part of product leadership building innovative products from scratch – collaborating with all disciplines.
- 7+ years of people management
- 5+ years experience building practical machine learning models with applications to real-world problems.
- Experience managing both technical and non-technical stakeholders and able to resolve complex business and technical issues.
- Proven track record of influencing product or business decisions.
- Proven track record of influencing product or business decisions using scale data from product usage and by identifying adoption patterns
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the full ML life-cycle – from data exploration to model building to experimentation to shipping models to customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Real-world experience with data privacy and responsible AI principles and practices.
- Strong python coding skills including experience with ML tools to build models and analyze and visualize data. (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, altair, vega-lite).
- Advanced education in Computer Science, EE, Machine Learning, Data Science, Computational Linguistics, or equivalent technical fields, or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
- A background in 3D, Mixed Reality, AI, and/or Computer Vision
- Knowledge of distributed/cloud computing systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Azure, AWS, Cosmos)
- Familiarity with computer vision and related technologies
- Experience managing data engineering teams and their associated deliverables.
- Demonstrated passion for fostering relationships across disciplines and teams to create coherent, best-in-class customer experiences
- Experience with UX analytics, user data, and segmentation. Ability to define UX metrics and establish KPIs to track the success and failure of design changes.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Grow and lead a team of Data Scientists and ensure both your team and the organization embrace a culture of continuous learning.
- Work with your Engineering leadership counterparts to evaluate and select the right customer engagements to ensure your team has interesting, challenging, and high impact projects.
- Influence the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Connected Reality product portfolio
- Prioritize for largest customer impact and write specifications to help Engineering team build these skills into the product in rapid fail-fast manner to learn and optimize with customer inputs.
- Identify key areas where data science research and prototyping can support agile product innovation.
- Analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Build deep understanding around unique challenges related to deploying intelligent edge-cloud solutions
- Ensure your team adheres to solid engineering and rigorous data science principles.