Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- 6+ years of relevant professional development experience
- 6+ years building service backends
- 5+ year of demonstrated proficiency in C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with real-time media on multiple platforms
- 8+ years of professional development experience
- Demonstrated experience with building high scale systems
- Familiarity with cloud services and components
- Proven track record of delivering high quality solutions for technical challenges
- Proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
- Strong desire to create an inclusive environment to teach and mentor junior engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Cloud Screen Requirement:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft Mesh is changing how people collaborate in Mixed Reality. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on Mesh Holoportation services to work on bringing fully expressive humans into Mixed Reality in realtime and at scale. The ideal candidate is inclusive and wants to mentor a team of engineers who have a wide range of skills and experiences. You are a person with deep software engineering background and have shipped multiple products across multiple platforms. You are able to use your expertise to build a platform supporting interactive and streaming experiences which augment the capability of Mixed Reality devices, at scale, anywhere in the world. Mixed Reality is a billion-dollar business and the market is still very much emerging – ability to operate in an agile startup-like environment is critical.
In this role you will:
- Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, Program Management, and Software Development for sustained long term success.
- Work on solving challenging technical problems with wide scope.
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation, and delivery.
- Write well-designed, testable, maintainable code.