Microsoft AR/VR Job | Partner Research Lead
Job（岗位）: Partner Research Lead
Citys（岗位城市）: Cambridge, United Kingdom
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the centre of everything we do. Our technology moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating ground-breaking technologies, from the revolutionary hardware in HoloLens to Microsoft Mesh to collaborations with Xbox, and Teams. To do so requires innovations in computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
At the heart of linking people with computers are sensor systems, and particularly computer vision. The Mixed Reality & AI Lab in Cambridge (UK) is looking for a leading computer vision researcher with a passion for bringing cutting-edge research into the hands of millions of people.The lab’s focus is to enable transformative new remote presence experiences that combine next-generation mixed reality hardware with AI software to improve our ability to communicate with each other remotely. With Microsoft Mesh, we have an opportunity to transform the way the world collaborates and communicates, with the team and resources to see the seemingly impossible brought to life.
You will bring to us:
- A passion for computer vision, graphics, and machine learning, most likely centred around 3D vision such as human and environment understanding;
- Proven ability to lead and direct research at the highest international level, evidenced by high-quality publications at leading venues (ICCV, CVPR, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, SIGGRAPH, CHI, UIST…);
- A track record of having transferred research innovation into the hands of users, e.g. work with startups or companies, open source software that is in use by others, or models/datasets with wide adoption in the community;
- A broad understanding of computer vision and machine learning models and techniques, both the recent (e.g. normalizing flows, vision transformers), and classical (e.g. optimization, model fitting);
- Great communication skills, whether at a podium presenting to an audience of researchers, or in a brainstorming session with product designers and user experience specialists.
We will bring to you:
- The opportunity to get your work into the hands of millions of real-world users;
- The opportunity to work with a passionate team of researchers in many disciplines, and with hardware and software designers and engineers;
- A proven track record of game-changing hardware and software innovations (Kinect, HoloLens, and more) taken from Rube Goldberg prototypes to beautiful shipping product. Few organizations can maintain focus over the multi-year timelines that such innovations require, while it is baked into our DNA;
- A welcoming and inclusive working environment where everyone’s voice is heard, and we all collaborate to choose the best course in the high uncertainty which is a defining characteristic of cutting-edge research.
- Strong publication record at leading venues
- Track record of engineering contributions to vision systems (not necessarily commercial systems), strong understanding of engineering best practices.
- Ability to collaborate and work across team and company boundaries at many levels of seniority.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Devise and critically evaluate product and research plans to ensure each is optimized for success.
- Create a shared vision for the team. Support innovation and boundary-less thinking and empower the team to pursue the right outcomes.
- Increase the capability and diversity of the team by attracting and recruiting the most qualified talent.
- Build on the research reputation of the lab as communicated within Microsoft and externally. Position the lab at the cutting edge of the fields where we work, so that we can continue to invent technology to delight future customers.