Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Display System Engineer
Job（岗位）: Principal Display System Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
We are looking for an experienced display system engineer in Mixed Reality team. This engineer will contribute to display prototyping and productization.
This engineer will need strong experience in state-of-the-art display technologies with a special focus on AR display. Be able to drive display system and component level activities. Perform display system optimization, trade-off analysis, system to component correlation, and system level problem solving.
This engineer will need to collaborate well with cross-functional teams: optics, ME, EE, Silicon, sensors, and manufacturing.
- MS or Ph.D. in Optics, Physics, EE, or a related field.
- 5+ years industry experience in state-of-the-art display technologies.
- 5+ years strong expertise in color science, AR/VR optics, colorimetry, and display testing.
- Experience in display system engineering: design, prototyping, and manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expertise in engineering tools: LightTools, Matlab, Python, JMP, etc..
- Highly independent, hands-on, self-motivated, and energetic.
- 0 to 25% travel to both domestic and international locations.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Display system engineering: design, specification, trade-off analysis, system to component correlation, and system level problem solving.
- Work with cross-functional teams on display prototyping, development, and productization.
- Develop and manage key display and optics suppliers.
- Contribute to display technology roadmap.