Apple AR/VR Job | Product Safety, Engineering Project Manager (Lead)
Citys（岗位城市）: Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! Do you care about how products perform, what makes them delightful yet keeps them safe and user-friendly in the deepest sense? Do you ever consider what care and intention put into Apple’s product design allows us to uphold user trust and confidence? The engineering team in Apple’s innovative Product Safety group is responsible for ensuring our products meet international safety standards and regulations, but also exceed those requirements to befit Apple’s expectations.
We’re looking for a versatile professional and seasoned leader who enjoys taking on tough challenges, handling engineering issues, and leading engineers in a fast-paced and demanding product development climate. We’re looking for forward-thinking, hungry people who care about the user experience and upholding the highest standards of product integrity.
As an engineering project manager (EPM) in Product Safety, you will be focused on new product introduction (NPI) activities, product performance and compliance, while working with engineers to develop and certify products and module sub-systems needed for commercialization. You will work closely with internal engineering teams, external laboratories, agencies, and certifying bodies to ensure our products meet the highest international and Apple-specified requirements. In addition, as a team lead, you will be responsible for team-wide initiatives, resource management, budgets, analytics, and multi-functional exchanges.
If this sound like a perfect fit, and a challenge built for you, then read on!
Exceptional program/project manager with impeccable organizational skills and attention to details, with at least 7 years of experience.
Proven skills in project management tools, schedule development/management, and leadership experience.
Demonstrated technical intuition and understanding of core engineering concepts with ability to grasp sophisticated design and process problems, while distilling them to their barest essences.
Proven track record to work multi-functionally, harness the powers of teamwork, and relate to myriad technical partners.
Effective communicator, using both in spoken and written forms; sharp interpersonal skills who understand how to communicate across varied audiences in a climate of debate. Sound executive presence and experience with senior audiences.
Strong hunger factor and courageous spirit with a proclivity towards action and creative problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to travel unrestricted, up to 10% of the time. Our work requires periodic travels to address anticipated (and unanticipated) project demands.
– In this role you will serve take a senior role in a team of EPMs responsible for driving and tracking the progression of Safety certifications and deliverables across multiple projects, understanding the dependencies that impact any given critical path.
– You will develop, refine and uphold project schedules needed to ensure the on-time completion of results and achievement of breakthroughs.
– You will be responsible for issue and priority management efforts among EPMs to drive data-driven decisions impacting design-for-safety and product integrity.
– You will be responsible communicating and delivering briefings and updates to senior engineering management and executives to enable rapid decision-making within Apple’s product development life cycle.
– You will be working closely with multi-functional engineering and operations teams for production builds and Safety certification achievements.
– Drive FMEA (failure modes and effects analysis) activities with to identify potential Safety risks and associated mitigations.
– Drive key project management collaborative, tracking, and communications tools and methods.
– Manage engineering budgets and resourcing needs across fiscal years.
– Experience in international and/or regional product Safety standards, regulatory compliance, and/or government affairs is desirable
– Previous management experience preferred; foreign language proficiency desirable.