Microsoft AR/VR Job | CPU Logic Design Engineer (Fetch-Decode)
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Raleigh, United States
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- Candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree
- 1+ years of industry experience in logic design with a proven track record of delivering complex CPU or SoC IP’s
- Experience/Specialization in the following areas a plus:
- Instruction fetch, instruction cache, branch prediction, machine state, debug architecture in ahigh performanceCPU
- Substantial background in debugging designs as well as simulation environment
- Experience with digital timing analysis, multiple clocks, power, synthesis, place-n-route
- Knowledge of verification principles, testbenches, UVM, and coverage
- Scripting language such as Python or Perl
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
- As a member of the Core Logic Design team, helpdefine and document the CPU micro-architecture for next generation designs
- Be responsible for the logic design/RTL entry and timing closure of multiple blocks in ahigh performancecustom CPU.
- Collaborate with the verification team to ensure the implementation meets both architectural and micro-architectural intent.
- Interface with physical design, design for test, and other teams to optimize tradeoffs within the design.