Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer – Mixed Reality and AI
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Zürich, Switzerland
The Microsoft Mixed Reality & AI (artificial intelligence) lab in Zurich, Switzerland, is a research and development team building the future of mixed reality and AI. The lab is near ETH Zurich, the top technical school in continental Europe, enabling close collaboration in multiple areas. The city of Zurich is a hub for innovation. Known for its exceptional quality of life, Zurich consistently ranks among the top cities in the world.
Our lab is focused on using computer vision, machine learning/AI and cloud computing to map and understand the environment, recognize, and track relevant objects, and assist users in performing their tasks with ease. We are looking for talented software engineers who share our passion for constructing innovative technology that can be deployed to the cloud and utilized by millions of users.
As a member of our team, you will work with experts in computer vision, graphics, machine learning, robotics, interaction, and software engineering. Collaboration is essential to our work; we value working together to create the best possible technology. Join us and grow your career with us.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Proven software and system engineering capabilities with hands-on experience in at least one of the following topics C++, C#, Python, DevOps, or cloud computing.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with people.
- Experience in operating, monitoring, and improving a large-scale online service.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, object/blob storage, databases, gRPC/protobuf, batch/stream processing, etc.
- Experience with operating scalable build systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following topics: computer vision, machine learning, and robotics.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Works within a team to achieve goals and objectives across services, including understanding user requirements, design, and coding.
- Provides support for software architecture with a focus on cloud computing.
- Collaborates with others to create clear and articulated plans for testing and assuring quality solutions.
- Helps to define and review all aspects of development: select appropriate technologies, refine workflows, and improve our coding practices.
- Implements automation and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with the highest level of accuracy.
- Introduces new and impactful technologies to the production support tool chain that help minimize friction for production releases and support.
- Learns about and contributes to operations of live services.