Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer II
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer II
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people – not devices – are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that is colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies. Mixed Reality is a growing team of talented software engineers and researchers putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer II on the Mixed Reality Cloud Team. We are working on several projects for current and future VR and AR hardware including building new, leading edge User Experiences, developing network optimization and operating system integration. We are looking for someone with a background and passion in some or all of these areas or is self-motivated to dive in and learn as they go.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 2+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including C++
- OR equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 4+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including C++
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- AND 2+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, C++
- OR equivalent experience.
- Development and debugging skills for C#, C++, Rust or similar
- Writing of Consumer or Enterprise applications for Windows using Win32, WinUI3 or equivalent
- Work in a team environment on a shared code base
- Quality solutions for technical challenges
- Desirable expertise in, experience with or passionate about:
- Building leading-edge Augmeneted Reality Virtual Reality experiences in Unity3D, Unreal, BabylonJS or equivalent
- Windows Internals such as User32, kernel32, DirectX, Sockets etc.
- Writing performance-critical code, conducting performance analysis and optimization
- Knowledge of central processing units & graphics processing units
architecture on modern processor
- Software architecture and public API design
- Integrating with large-scale Cloud services
- Machine LearningArtifical Intelegence with a particular emphasis on computer vision
Software Engineering IC3 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 – $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 – $198,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Working in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including Design, hardware, Program Management, and Software Development for sustained long term success
- Partnering with your peers and technical leadership to deliver solid technical designs
- Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborating with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
- Owning accurate costing for your engineering activities, and executing with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation, and delivery
- Mentoring other developers and sharing expertise throughout our team
- You are expected to be a self-starter, capable of solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems with wide scope
- You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies on a diverse range of cutting-edge hardware platforms