Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior CPU Verification Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior CPU Verification Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Austin, United States | Raleigh, United States
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Join us in our efforts to achieve this by building the world’s computer. The Custom CPU development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, fully custom CPU designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- 7+ years of related technical engineering experience
- OR Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field AND 4+ years technical engineering experience or internship experience
- OR Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field AND 3+ years technical engineering experience or internship experience
- OR Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Solid background and understanding of computer architecture.
- 4+ years design verification experience as a part of a CPU, Graphics or SoC development team.
- In depth knowledge of verification principles, testbenches, stimulus generation, UVM/OVM, and coverage.
- Experience debugging designs as well as creating simulation environments.
- Experience with analyzing complex systems and developing detailed test plans.
- Experience with scripting language such as Python or Perl and EDA Verification tools.
- Proficient communication, collaboration and teamwork skills and ability to contribute to diverse and inclusive teams.
- 6+ years design verification experience.
- 4+ years working on complex CPU architectures.
- Deep working knowledge of various CPU related architectural and micro-architectural concepts:
- Branch prediction, instruction caches, fetch and decode, interrupts, debug, prefetching.
- Integer and floating-point operations, pipeline hazards, out-of-order execution, general purpose registers, instruction completion, write-back concepts, trace, performance profiling, and hardware debug functions.
- Data caches, memory coherence, virtualization, address translation, load & store operations, atomic instructions, data fault, memory management concepts.
- Experience delivering complex high-quality CPUs and/or cache designs proven in silicon.
Silicon Engineering IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 – $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 – $238,600 per year.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Microsoft and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others.
Our commitment to pay equity
We are committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. To learn more about pay equity and our other commitments to increase representation and strengthen our culture of inclusion, check out our annual Diversity & Inclusion Report. ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/inside-microsoft/annual-report )
Understanding roles at Microsoft
The top of this page displays the role for which the base pay ranges apply – Silicon Engineering IC4.
The way we define roles includes two things: discipline (the type of work) and career stage (scope and complexity). The career stage has two parts – the first identifies whether the role is a manager (M), an individual contributor (IC), an admin-technician-retail (ATR) job, or an intern. The second part identifies the relative seniority of the role – a higher number (or later letter alphabetically in the case of ATR) indicates greater scope and complexity.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as an integral member of a pre-silicon verification team for the development of custom CPU Core and Cache components with focus on micro-architectural based functions and features.
- Work with a team to write, execute, enhance, and debug constrained random stimulus.
- Develop UVM components to interface between test code and verification simulation environments.
- Collaborate across verification teams on vertical and horizontal reuse of components.
- Define and implement functional coverage and drive coverage closure.
- Triage and debug testbench, simulation, and emulation fails.
- Provide technical leadership through mentorship and strong teamwork.