Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Software Engineer – Mixed Reality
Citys（岗位城市）: Lagos, Nigeria
InMixed Reality, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a diverse team of talented engineers, product managers, designers, and artists putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, Kinect for Azure, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, Xbox, and Surface Hub. We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
The Microsoft Mesh team is pioneering the future of collaborative computing, and we are looking for aPrincipal Software Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate is an engineer with a deep technical background who has shipped multiple products across multiple platforms. The Mixed Reality market is still very much emerging – the ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is critical.
The following qualities are important to this role:
- Effective communicator
- A proven collaborator
- Passionate about changing ambiguity into decisions
- Willing and able to quickly learn new technologies
- Attentive to detail
- 8+ years’ minimum experience in Software Design, Software Development, or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability across technology stacks
- A strong desire to create an inclusive environment to teach and mentor junior engineers
- Experience building AR/VR/MR/XR applications or multiplayer games
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
- Experience building, maintaining, and optimizing large scale distributed systems
- Software architecture and API design experience is a plus
- Experience building application programming models
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, program management, and software development for sustained long term success
- Partner with architects and technical leadership to deliver solid technical designs
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Participate actively in detailed design, implementation, review, and bug/issue triage of features and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals