Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Software Engineering Manager – Mixed Reality – Dynamics 365 Guides and Remote Assist Mobile
Job（岗位）: Principal Software Engineering Manager – Mixed Reality – Dynamics 365 Guides and Remote Assist Mobile
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
The Mixed Reality Apps team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer Manager to help us deliver our best-in-class Mixed Reality Service Operations apps for mobile devices. We use the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform to augment and enhance the professional lives of workers around the world, empowering them to achieve more.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides is the mixed reality tool that allows employees to learn by doing with interactive instructions, helping organizations engage employees where and how they work, improve training efficiency, and generate data to improve processes.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows users to solve problems in real time with a remote expert, using Mixed Reality annotations and Teams integration to deliver the best Mixed Reality collaboration experience available.
We are looking for a creative engineering leader to join our cross-discipline development team, to take our ideas from concept to final quality experiences. The person we are looking for is an expert in iOS and Android development who is highly motivated to deliver mobile solutions to customers. They will work collaboratively with PMs, Designers and the rest of the engineering team to help define architecture, hone team processes and implement best in class features. We expect this person to have the highest standards of software engineering management, leveraging their years of leadership and software engineering excellence to ensure the team grows and learns while delivering the highest quality mobile applications to our customers.
- 7+ years of professional software development, including 2+ years of Engineering leadership experience.
- 2+ years of people management experience in a software engineering team.
- 2+ years of mobile application development experience, including iOS and Android.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/education.
- Deep expertise in software engineering best practices, systems architecture, and API architecture principles.
- Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
- Experience with Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality or other 3D software development.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to developers up to senior management.
- Experience delivering enterprise SaaS products
- Experience leading a team that uses Unity3D, Unreal Engine or another 3D games framework
- Experience building, integrating, or customizing Dynamics 365 or other CRM applications.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Provide technical leadership to our product team, as a key member of our Engineering Leadership.
- Manage Software Engineers as part of the MR Apps Engineering team, supporting, mentoring and coaching each of your direct reports to learn, grow and achieve more.
- Contribute to a team culture that embraces diversity and and makes your team an awesome place to work.
- Plan and execute. Own the planning process as well as product implementation and regular releases for your team.
- Own software quality OKRs, using data-driven decision making to improve our product with every release.
- Lead by example by high quality code and building elegant, well-architected systems.
- Clearly communicate status and technical strategy to our engineers and product leadership.
- Understand our product space deeply, and work with customers and other team members to strategically deliver customer value.
- Drive continuous improvements to our Android and iOS software and team process.
- Become familiar with the Power Platform to ensure we fully leverage the Microsoft eco-system.
- Engage with customers and build relationships with their technical leadership to truly understand their needs and define requirements.
Collaborate with our cross-discipline team, to leverage and expand the impact of Mixed Reality for Microsoft.