Microsoft AR/VR Job | Sr. Hardware Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Sr. Hardware Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology across a variety of form factors, and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Senior Hardware Program Manager to join our electrical engineering team andplay a critical role in supporting new electrical hardware product development.
You will be responsible for all facets of program management throughout the development cycle. This includes creating business opportunity proposals, SOWs, leading development partner selection, and management of development from specification through volume production ramp. Throughout the program you will manage schedule, budget, resource planning, work directly with configuration management on BOMs, material, system configurations, and lead an environment enabling efficient execution and collaboration across Microsoft and partner development teams. You will be responsible for scoping development programs, driving decisions for feature sets and capabilities as well as providing status and recommendations to immediate and executive level management.
- 6+ years’ experience in Program Management with a product development team
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration, organizational design and systems planning
- Requires basic understanding of design and manufacturing of electrical and mechanical systems
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Experience working within a fast paced highly technical organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large development programs and cross-functional teams across multiple geographical locations
- Demonstrated ability to plan, create, and manage schedule and budget for product design, including component fabrication and assembly
- Demonstrated ability to identify problem areas, drive issues to closure and ensure solid root cause understanding
- Ability to define problems, distill data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues and tradeoffs to development partners and management
- Strong ability to write, speak and present information effectively and persuasively across communication settings
- Experience with end-to-end development and manufacturing processes in the context of either consumer electronics parts and devices, medical devices, or other high-density, low-power product design, from ideation to delivery
- Experience working with overseas/Asia based suppliers
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
- Leading Product Development, including planning and creating schedule and budget, from design, to tooling and component fabrication, to prototype and engineering builds
- Managing end-to-end supplier engagements of critical electrical/electro-mechanical components, from initial supplier selection and SOW creation to delivery of components within schedule and forecast budget
- Collaborating with Reliability and Validation partner teams, to ensure robust design that meets product requirements
- Generating clarity by identifying and defining issues and constraints, distilling data, establishing facts and drawing conclusions, and driving to closure and ensuring solid root cause understanding
- Communicating complex issues and trade-offs to development partners and senior management
- Configuration Management of Mixed Reality devices and systems, including BOMs and Components through PDM system
- Material management and managing Build Readiness for projects from development to production
- Identifying risks associated with program build plan
- Establishing scope with Contract Manufacturers
- Anticipating needs of program and partners and removing obstacles, to stay ahead of the program
- Must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities
- Communicate / Participate with broader program team to ensure successful communication and delivery of requirements.
- Work closely within Design Teams, EE, ME, and CE