Microsoft AR/VR Job | Azure Product Marketing Manager, Mixed Reality
Citys（岗位城市）: Irvine, United States | Sacramento, United States | Redmond, United States | Houston, United States | Charlotte, United States | Dallas, United States | Philadelphia, United States | New York, United States | Atlanta, United States | Tampa, United States | Los Angeles, United States | Minneapolis, United States | Chicago, United States | Phoenix, United States | San Diego, United States | Nashville, United States | Bellevue, United States | Seattle, United States | Austin, United States | Boston, United States | Washington D.C., United States
US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS), also known as the US subsidiary. USM&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing on go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model. Driving a common operating model across the US subsidiary ensures consistent, measurable execution and landing of priorities. Driving alignment with our internal corporate partners in organizations including Product Marketing, Marketing & Consumer Business (MCB), Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB), Engineering, and Field Leadership is also critical to our collective success, as is continuing to listen, learn and respond via rapid feedback loops.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 5+ years experience in business
- OR Master’s Degree in in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 3+ years experience in business
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with any of the following: drive marketing and partner programs; product marketing; business planning; product management; customer and market analysis; Go-to-Market strategy and execution; competitive market analysis and positioning; organize and drive product roadmaps; develop insights from market research; sales enablement and field support; build and execute marketing plans and strategies; or related.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Take responsibility for an outside-in view of the customer experience to truly represent the voice of our customers and partners.
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Passion for technology and able to clearly articulate solutions in a business and customer-centric manner
- Plan and execute resourcefully and autonomously with rigor
- Keen perspective to view a business holistically end-to-end across marketing, sales, partner and across organizational boundaries;
- Strong analytical skills to analyze business performance, identify market opportunity and develop useful insights from data
- Ability to influence without authority, collaborate effectively, and lead virtual teams
- Effective communicator, skilled presenter & growth minded interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous business situations; be open to acting quickly and iterating
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Azure Product Marketing Manager – Mixed Reality
The Azure Product Marketing Manager (PMM) for Mixed Reality is responsible for leading the Azure Go-To-Market strategy for our Hololens and Azure Mixed Reality services. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across engineering, marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the following priorities:
Analysis of Customer and Market Signals
- Leads others to compile and evaluate market intelligence to identify opportunities and define strategies for customer acquisition, adoption, and renewal of a feature, product, and/or solution; uses insights to story tell. Leads engagements with other stakeholder teams, customers, and the field to understand customer/partner needs and identify investment priorities (e.g., marketing, feature sets, sales resources). Designs or influences how the team approaches research. Understands competitor strengths, weaknesses, and Microsoft’s competitive positioning to ensure that Microsoft is ahead of the market and priority competitors. Develops insights from market or user research, competitive analyses, and market and industry trends to design Microsoft’s Go-to-Market strategies and create a differentiated value proposition. Partner with leaders to interpret opportunities and risks. Obtains and synthesizes direct and indirect customer feedback, validation, and experience.
Product Vision and Strategy
- Contributes to or influences the long-term vision and strategy for a product and/or solution based on a deep understanding of customer needs, market and user research, competitive landscape, and Microsoft’s business goals and strategy. Knows how to partner with Business Planning and Branding to impact the roadmap and defines the metrics that capture the market and customer engagement opportunity. Influence senior partners in delivering the right product experience in alignment with defined direction. Determines the long-term market opportunities and breakthrough features. Establishes trusting relationships with stakeholders.
Value Prop Positioning
- Collaborates with others to develop insights from market or user research, competitive analyses, and market and industry trends to drive Microsoft’s Go-to-Market strategies and create a differentiated value proposition that aligns with customer goals. Identifies key customer reasons to buy, retain, and grow, and creates customer messaging within customer teams. Drives the development and framework of messaging and positioning with stakeholders and managers. Delivers thoroughly researched messaging and positioning framework with a broader set of proof points and crisper overall storytelling. Creates demos to assist Go-to-Market and field teams. Develops and lands key selling points, reasons to buy, customer retention, growth, and customer-facing messaging in collaboration with internal teams. Builds global and integrated BOMs. Builds consumer/partner facing demo plans, product scripts, presentations, and sales materials.
- Identifies and directs marketing strategies for customer acquisition, adoption, customer advocacy, and renewal of a product and/or solution. Identifies target customers, defines and executes the strategy for the end-to-end customer journey, and creates user stories, demos, and scenarios to convey the big picture. Defines Go-to-Market strategies and plans, including marketing mix, investments, product placement, and incentive strategies to deliver customer and partner success, resulting in revenue, growth, and share outcomes. Partners with others to define success criteria and performance metrics, such as Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); tracks performance against success metrics and proactively acts on performance. Builds the strategy and partners to land revenue or engagement growth priorities, business targets, monetization strategies, plans, and metrics with sales and channel teams. Manages and measures collaboration to land these with Sales and channel teams and partners to correct and improve results. Develops an engagement plan to interact with customers and partners via various channels with a medium degree of supervision. Demonstrates the product in a one-to-many environment and/or present at larger industry and partner events.
- Delivers sales enablement and field support. Works on business deals, creates strategic partnerships, and participates in pre-sales meetings with customers. Provides coaching, readiness, and in-depth win/loss insights to enable field sellers to win the deal. Develops content that best resonates with customer value. Creates a feedback loop with Sales to ensure their buy in.
Product Marketing and Business Performance
- Facilitates the building and executing marketing plans and strategies across functions to achieve product revenue goals. Has a basic understanding of the multi-faceted drivers of product revenue and employs strategies across the entire market experience (price, channel, product, promotion, etc.) to meet revenue goals and make adjustments where needed to improve gaps.
- Develops partnerships (e.g., Marketing, Partner, SWE, Design, Services, Sales) to lead and deliver differentiated customer value and company growth. Drives initiatives and programs across teams to improve and meet organizational goals. Shares demonstrated best practices to relevant stakeholders to improve product marketing and business performance. Drives impact through other teams.