Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Scene Understanding team’s charter is to understand the real world and convert this understanding into a programming model that is natural for developers to work with. We are a mix of top engineers, computer graphics, computer vision and deep neural network experts that work together to build the most unique, impactful, and innovative environment sensing technology in the world.
We are looking for people with passion for low level engineering system engineering, image processing and who are interested and want to learn about image processing, computer graphics and computational geometry.
For more information, please see Scene understanding – Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs to learn more about us.
- A bachelor or greater in computer science or similar engineering degree, or 4+ years of equaling industry experience
- Experience with C/C++ and comfort working on lower level or high performance computing (2+ years)
- Computer graphics
- Computational geometry
- Industry development experience, functional and unit testing background etc…
- Strong communication and speaking skills.
- Development and knowledge of multiple AR platforms.
Cloud Screen Requirement:
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role you will:
- Work on various parts of the Scene Understanding subsystem, like hardware playback simulation, runtime bring up, image processing
- Engage with customers and partners, unblock and debug issues.
- Engage with external teams to co-develop and bring up new applications.
- Have opportunities to be involved in efforts around experiences, geometric tooling etc…