Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Designer, Holographic Computing
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: San Francisco, United States | Redmond, United States | Boston, United States | Seattle, United States | Charlotte, United States | New York, United States | Los Angeles, United States | Washington D.C., United States | San Diego, United States | Philadelphia, United States | Cambridge, United States | Bridgewater, United States | Tampa, United States | Other, United States | Denver, United States | Phoenix, United States | Portland, United States | Miami, United States
About the Organization:
Microsoft’s Industry Solutions helps industry customers accelerate their digital transformations. This work is crucial as every industry undergoes breakthrough transformation that is not simply about technology, but also about re-envisioning existing business models and embracing a different way of bringing together people, data, and processes.
Industry Solutions (IS) is a global organization of over 13,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment and cutting-edge technology to life for the world’s most influential customers. We are on the front lines of innovation, working side-by-side with customers to drive value across the entirety of their digital transformation journey.
About the Team:
The Customer Innovation team demonstrates the power of Microsoft technology to address our priority customers most pressing business challenges today. The team applies key emerging technologies, in deep partnership with engineering, along with human-centered design, virtual reality and data science to deliver “first-of-a-kind”.
Our team works in tight collaboration with external consumer, enterprise, and commercial partners, crafting innovative solutions that leverage both the power of the Hololens and the deep domain expertise of our many customers bringing concepts to life through Microsoft Hololens and third-party virtual reality.
The team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves. Join us and help create life-changing innovations that impact billions around the world!
You have a stellar track record and you love to learn and tackle new challenges. You’re excited to collaborate directly with artists and designers in a game development-savvy studio. You’re enthusiastic about applying your development talents building and iterating on prototypes to discover what works best, then leveraging your knowledge to create incredible shipping software products. You’re looking to make significant contributions to the early stages of a project with huge growth potential.
What you will bring:
- Experience – 5+ years track record of creating digital experiences with multiple shipped projects
- Design – solid spatial/3D design experience (e.g., games, architecture) and understands to make good use of space, human factors, motion, typography, color, affordances, information architecture.
- Communication – Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal, across multiple disciplines, able to communicate in wireframes and Unity prototypes.
- Collaboration – excellent collaboration between internal and external team members.
- Game Engine – Experience with Unity or other major game engines.
- Gameplay – Expert at gameplay or similar scripting.
- Agile – Agile, flexible and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of incubation work.
- Team Player – A good hands-on team player and self-motivated; able to both partner effectively with others while also making smart, strategic decisions while working independently.
- Passion – Passion for games, or interactive technology and amazing user experiences.
- Feedback – Actively seeks out, accepts and provides feedback from peers.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect limited global travel, 0 – 25%, contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $135,000 and $200,000. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
About the Role:
As a Senior Designer your main responsibilities will be:
- Implement creative experiences – Create incredible interactive experiences via scripting tools.
- Design key systems – Guide systems from paper design and prototypes, all the way to final implementation.
- Develop tools and techniques – We are always looking at ways to optimize the time it takes for us to create our experiences. You would need to determine shortcomings in our existing suite of tools and propose impactful additions.
- Problem solving through collaboration – We need a technical designer who can work effectively with other disciplines to identify probable points of risk in executing a project, provide options to mitigate those risks, and execute on the plan.