Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Technical Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Principal Technical Program Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Program Management
Citys（岗位城市）: San Jose, United States
Mixed Reality Overview
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our technology moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Wireless Hardware Design Team Overview
We are looking for experienced Wireless TPM to manage our next generation Wireless products design and production processes. Our products require high performance and miniaturized solutions for connectivity to unlock new capabilities and new scenarios across the globe. With a strong mix of technical breadth and depth, you will be one of innovative team leaders to collaborate with cross-functional discipline teams, to design, develop, and optimize the wireless platforms and drives the integration into the compelling products we deliver. The future is wireless.
- 8+ years of Program Management, Product Management and/or Project Management experience. Previous design and/or Program Management expertise in wireless and RF, including experience in one or more of: Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, mmWave, UWB, etc.
- Experience working through a complete product cycle (from concept design to high volume mass production, through post-release maintenance). Worked with cross-functional team across the company, suppliers and CMs. Had managed engineering builds.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change, drive for concrete actions and outcomes through active engagement and collaborations. Self-driven, open-minded with a strong growth mindset
- Excellent written and verbal collaboration and communication skills. Capable of driving executive reviews.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with standards and regulatory (WiFi Alliance, FCC/CE, 3GPP, IEEE, etc.) and carrier certification requirements
- This position may require access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a “U.S. person” : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
- Ability of meeting Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a “U.S. person” : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Lead wireless engineering cross-functional engagement from prototype to mass production.
- Together with engineering design lead, set technical strategy, critical milestones and checkpoints, validation and test schedule, flag risks and seek solutions, execute on delivery with quality and on schedule.
- Own and drive workstreams to cover various topics through full program cycle, in internal design and cross-functional collaboration: wireless, RF & antenna design, compliance and certification coordination, lab and field performance testing and validation, Reliability, manufacturing testing and quality. Communicate and align with top management and cross-functional teams.
- Manage RF module and antenna vendors in design, delivery, reliability, and quality. Collaborate with engineering and operational management team to manage contract manufactures or JDM, support wireless related needs in engineering builds.
- Domestic/international travel to achieve program milestones.