Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Wireless Software Architect
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
We are seeking a Principal Wireless Architect to join our Mixed Reality Architecture team. The team is responsible for Product Architecture, Systems Architecture, Prototyping & Incubation as well as defining and driving the various technology roadmaps that are crucial to the future of Mixed Reality at Microsoft. You will need to have a strong background in one or more key technology areas including: Wireless Protocols (NR/LTE, Wifi, Bluetooth), Wireless Platforms, RF, System Architecture, EE, video processing. Leveraging your background expertise, you will conduct architectural explorations, evaluations of design alternatives and tradeoffs, drive product requirements and incubate novel solutions for key subsystems of our next-generation Mixed Reality products.
You should have a passion for seeking disruptive new ideas pushing the boundary of innovation while balancing focused execution on current priorities. In this role you will collaborate with experienced architects and world-class software developers to directly impact future products.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in either Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 7 years minimum experience in Wireless Platforms, RF, Hardware Engineering, System Architecture, or other Wireless related technology space.
- Basic understanding of HW protocols, SW/systems design, RAN, wireless chipset architecture, in-device coexistence, video and display processing.
- Wireless protocols and standards, wireless system integration, with a deep understanding in at least one of those areas.
- Model / analysis of wireless performance and power at user equipment in different environmental scenarios.
- Experience working with wireless standards committee.
- Experience developing technical specification documents.
- Ability to balance short term deliverables against longer term investments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- AR/VR/MR product development experience.
- Deep understanding in one or more of the following technology areas: NR/LTE, Wireless communication, Networking.
- Experience working with Telco on new wireless platforms and systems integration.
- Vertical solution stack product development exposure from silicon to software algorithms with good understanding of the design tradeoffs involved in both architecture and implementation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong customer focus with ability to work effectively across multiple businesses and technical teams to ensure continued customer happiness.
- Demonstrated cross-functional and cross-org experience.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Drive innovation for wireless systems with focus on enhancing MR experiences.
- Represent our organization in 3GPP, IEEE standards meetings for NR/LTE, Wifi, Bluetooth.
- Understand Mixed Reality use cases and traffic workloads to influence 3GPP standards.
- Cross-team and cross-organizational multidisciplinary collaboration to help evaluate intercept of new wireless protocols and features into products.
- Analyze wireless performance and power of Mixed Reality products in different wireless radio and network scenarios.
- Provide guidance on product compliance with wireless regulations and certification.
- Contribute to Product Requirement Documents and Architectural Specifications.
- Influence product architecture based on domain specific experience.
- Contribute to an evolving team with a growth mindset, creating clarity and influencing the team strategy.
- Participate in investigations resulting in shipping features, patents, and/or publications.