Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Technical Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Principal Technical Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
Mixed Reality Overview
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, remote rendering, cloud computing and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality ships – from firmware to final hardware.
This role is part of the Architecture Technical Program Management team that drives technology and product feasibility, definition and high-level architecture of future devices across the entire Mixed Reality Devices & Technology organization. In this role, you will partner with a cross-functional team – from hardware to end-customer experiences – to drive technology development and execution of our next generation optical components and assemblies.
We are looking for a talented Principal Technical Program Manager who is experienced and knowledgeable in product architecture and engineering. Our products require deeply integrated solutions to unlock new capabilities in next generation devices. You will create clarity for these teams, communicate concisely across multiple organizations and drive integrated problem-solving to unique technical challenges.
We want you to drive innovation that people love and be relentless in seeking solutions.
- 7+ years of Program Management, Product Management and/or Project Management.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership and cross-organizational leadership experience.
- Engineering Experience in Systems, Display, Mechanical, Electrical, Wireless, Cloud Computing or Software
- Strong communication skills are a must, with ability to integrate information from multiple teams, escalating issues at the right time/ level and ability to bring the teams together to resolve issues in a productive manner.
- Strong organizational skills
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support activities.
- Experience bringing clarity to ambiguous problems across multiple organizations.
- Familiar with New Product Introduction processes
- Self-driven, open-minded with a strong growth mindset and bias for action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration on complex issues with unwavering focus on delivering results
- Outstanding problem-solving and engineering thinking
- B.S./M.S. in Engineering, Sciences or equivalent
Preferred location: Redmond, WA
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will manage infrastructure engagements including features and schedules, including but not limited to the following:
- Drive new technology integration with internal and external Mixed Reality partners.
- Contribute to and improve on data-driven engineering processes.
- Communicate with precision and clarity to align both small and broad teams.
- Connect evolving macro strategy with process and tactical adjustment
- Identify gaps and obstacles to pre-empt execution issues and optimize success
- Collaborate autonomously to keep progress continuous
Escalate issues in a timely fashion