Microsoft AR/VR Job | Research Scientist
Job（岗位）: Research Scientist
Citys（岗位城市）: Cambridge, United Kingdom | Zürich, Switzerland
Mixed Reality and AI Research Scientists and Engineers
The Mixed Reality & AI Lab is a research team building the future for mixed reality. We bring innovative new technologies and experiences from early-stage research to deployment in Microsoft products. Our focus is to enable transformative new remote presence experiences that combine next-generation mixed reality hardware with AI software to improve remote communication and collaboration. The team has a diverse wealth of experience across computer vision, graphics, neural rendering, deep learning, interaction, human character animation and software engineering, and has a strong track record of shipping ground-breaking technologies in Microsoft products including Kinect and HoloLens.
The team is growing! We are looking for talented people who would be passionate about working on scalable photo-realistic humans. To get a taste of some of our recent research in this area, see work on real-time face tracking and photo-realistic avatars.
While we offer remote work and flexible conditions, our main offices are:
Microsoft in Cambridge, UK
The Microsoft building in Cambridge is conveniently located only a few minutes from the train station and houses around 200 researchers and engineers working across different parts of Microsoft, including Mixed Reality, Azure, and Microsoft Research.
Microsoft in Zürich, CH
Our offices are located in the heart of Zurich, ideally located between the main train station and the lake. The lab houses around 20 researchers and engineers dedicated to cutting edge research and development of Spatial Mapping and scalable photo-realistic humans.
- Should hold
- a PhD or similar degree in computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning, mathematics or physics (or have suitable alternate expertise and experience)
- Must be strong programmers with software engineering experience and good debugging skills. Experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
- C++ (especially C++11 and newer), Python
- GPU programming (especially CUDA)
- Graphics programming (especially DirectX and OpenGL)
- High- and low-level code optimization
- Digital image processing
- Should have hands-on experience working on at least one of:
- 3D computer vision, ideally including experience of analysis of the human body/hands/face
- Machine learning, especially deep learning
- 3D computer graphics, ideally including experience of simulating the human body/hands/face
- Probability and statistics
- Numerical algorithms, e.g. nonlinear optimization
- Should have strong mathematical skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Incubate new ideas, solve problems, and build world-class products, systems and platforms.
- Show self-motivation and excellent collaboration and communication, with attention to detail and a desire to learn.
- Develop technology that can adapt to the fast-evolving roadmap that is typical for an academic or industrial research environment, while maintaining the quality required as a foundation for future work.