Microsoft AR/VR Job | Thermal Engineer II
Job（岗位）: Thermal Engineer II
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States | Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We are looking for a highly motivated Thermal Mechanical Engineer experienced in designing thermal solution for electronic packaging, lasers, sensors, and electronic devices. The successful candidate will have the ability to perform thermal simulation and experimentally validate the thermal solution in addition to leading cross-functional design teams in implementing the thermal architecture. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth is desired to tie electronics, optics, software, and mechanical assemblies into compelling consumer experiences. Two to five years of experience in thermal design of consumer electronics products is required. A track record of innovation and experience in CFD, thermal measurements, simulation, materials, IC packaging to achieve cost targets is required in the successful candidate.
- 3+ years of Product thermal design experience in consumer electronics
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate a balance of experimental and theoretical approaches to obtain insight into thermal phenomena and solving problems
- 3+ years of experience in using Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of experimental data
- PhD or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on Thermal Design, Heat Transfer or Fluid Dynamics is preferred. B.S. with augmented product experience is also acceptable.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Perform simulation to accurately predict thermal performance in architecture phase
- Validate models and verify requirements are met at component, module and system level
- Experienced thermal design leadership to drive thermal design solutions and architecture cross-functionally
- Impact product design decisions by providing reliable data, analysis and thermal insights.
- Communicate status and results to cross-functional teams and management.
- Travel occasionally to Asia for supplier meetings and factory builds
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities.