Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Technical Program Management
Job（岗位）: Senior Technical Program Management
Type（岗位类型）: Program Management
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
At Microsoft, we have bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In 2015, we launched HoloLens, the world’s first spatial computing device and platform, with the mission of empowering people to transform their world. In 2022, we continue that journey with the core belief that mixed reality can bring people closer and help them go further. At Mixed Reality Capture Studios, we bring human presence to mixed reality, and we’re looking for an experienced leader to drive adoption and grow the global market for volumetric video in service of mixed reality and beyond.
Our studios produce holograms of people and performances, capturing their full 3D appearance so you can view them from any angle at any time. Our reference stage is in San Francisco, and we have licensed partners around the world including London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Seoul, Washington D.C., Vancouver, Tokyo, and Zurich, with several more on the way. We give creators the ability to put real people into immersive, mobile, web, desktop, and TV experiences for both enterprise and consumers. Hundreds of projects have been produced in our ecosystem with high-profile brands and A-list talent… it’s not just a science experiment, it’s real.
This is the evolution of photography and video, and we’re just getting started. We’re on path to add many more global studio partners, mobile kits to deploy anywhere, real-time systems, and even capture for consumers. We envision the day when everyone in the world is viewing volumetric content daily, collecting and sharing holograms of people and moments they love
About the Role:
Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Capture Studios is looking for a Senior Program Manager to help build and support our volumetric video efforts for Mesh. We’re seeking someone passionate about new ideas and technologies, yet persistent for the long and difficult journey to reach scaled adoption. A successful will have a track record of driving transparency and clarity in project definition and execution, operating across geographies, delivering results on time, following through on responsive support, and working closely with internal/external stakeholders. The candidate must thrive in ambiguous and fast-paced production environments, drive initiatives independently, and be an excellent team player.
- 5+ years of project management experience delivering cutting-edge technologies
- 3+ years experience working with software or hardware engineering teams
- 3+ years experience working on projects for AR/VR/XR
- Experience in content production products/services/applications
- Must possess strong cross team/group/org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills, experience working with external vendors, strong project management skills,
- Strong attention to detail, time management, planning, organizational, problem-solving and follow up/follow through skills required.
- Needs to demonstrate a high level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality. Willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task efficiently within a fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Experience interacting and collaborating across all levels of the organization, customers, and vendor contacts with a professional demeanor and diplomacy
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or technical field training a bonus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Define, execute, and maintain project health via systems like Azure Dev Ops.
- Drive schedules and dashboards and facilitate discussions and meetings.
- Proactively identify risks and mitigation options for the project.
- Engage with Microsoft and external teams/leaders to communicate project objectives, strategy, tactics, and ongoing progress.
- Key contributor to strategy development and implementation of PM best practices
- Effectively collaborate, build relationships and influence team members to achieve program objectives