Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- A bachelor or greater in computer science or similar engineering degree, or 4+ years of equaling industry experience
- 3 years+ engineering experience.
We are looking for candidates with practical experience working on mobile/low power systems and/or people with talent in computer vision and deep learning spaces. We expect successful candidates to have experience in one of the following areas:
- Applied Machine learning, experience training with frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- A background in computer vision or computational geometry.
- Python development experience.
Low level engineering:
- Firmware/DSP experience. Practical experience working with low level hardware.
- Knowledge and experience developing AR platform capabilities and/or applications.
- Optimization and high-performance computing experience. C++/Assembly etc…
Ideal candidates are not experts in both areas, they excel in one and have a strong desire to learn and grow in the others. Outside of core technical areas the following skills are things we look for:
- Strong communication and speaking skills.
- Software design and architecture knowledge and background.
- Creative and out of the box thinkers who want to change the world.
If any of these fit you or excite you, you’ll be joining a team of like-minded individuals driven by the desire to change the world. Come join us and let’s build something great together.
Cloud Screen Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role you will:
- Be a core individual contributor to the scene understanding runtime and help build best in class solutions.
- Participate and engage in technical brainstorming.
- Contribute to architecture of runtime code or infrastructure or both.
- Be exposed to, and encouraged to contribute to technical direction of your team.