Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Environment Understanding team has an opening for Software Engineer. Our team is working on innovative computer vision technologies related to Localization and Mapping that power persistent and shared Mixed Reality experiences. Our work spans current and future device platforms such as HoloLens and services such as Azure Spatial Anchors. We are looking for someone with solid engineering background and passion for designing, implementing, and optimizing these technologies. A perfect fit in this environment, requires you to be flexible, self-motivated and a proven collaborator.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ design and coding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience working on at least one of 3D computer vision, image processing, robotics.
- Experience writing performant, well-structured code with unit tests in C/C++, strong debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Hold a MSc/PhD or similar degree in computer vision, machine learning or robotics or have suitable alternate expertise and experience.
- Strong mathematics or statistics background.
- Implemented and delivered computer vision or robotics algorithms at quality for a product.
Cloud Screen Requirement:
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Demonstrate growth mindset at all times and contribute to inclusive and cohesive team culture.
- Partner with engineers and program managers to deliver sound technical designs for problem at hand.
- Measure quality of and improve computer vision algorithms for better localization and mapping capabilities in Mixed Reality experiences.
- Execute with accountability towards high quality engineering solutions for device and services stack while meeting schedules.
- Diagnose customer-reported or internally-surfaced issues with product and deliver appropriate resolution through technology improvements.