Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Hardware Engineering Program Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Program Management
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
Microsoft Mixed Reality is seeking a Principal Technical Hardware Program Manager to join the Product Development and Mechanical Engineering team. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who will thrive in this fast-paced technical environment. You will be responsible for all facets of program management throughout the development cycle. This includes creating business opportunity proposals, SOWs, leading development partner selection, and management of development from specification through volume production ramp. Throughout the program you will manage schedule, budget, resource planning, work directly with configuration management on BOMs, material, system configurations, and lead an environment enabling efficient execution and collaboration across Microsoft and partner development teams. You will be responsible for scoping development programs, driving decisions for feature sets and capabilities as well as providing status and recommendations to immediate and executive level management.
- 8 years minimum experience in Program Management with a product development team
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large development programs and cross-functional teams across multiple geographical locations
- Ability to manage end-to-end supplier engagement, including managing complex supply chains
- Demonstrated ability to plan, create, and manage schedule and budget for product design, including component fabrication and tooling
- Demonstrated ability to identify problem areas, drive issues to closure and ensure solid root cause understanding
- Ability to define problems, distill data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues and tradeoffs to development partners and management
- Strong ability to write, speak and present information effectively and persuasively across communication settings
- Experience with end-to-end development and manufacturing processes in the context of either consumer electronics parts and devices, medical devices, or other high-density, low-power product design, from ideation to delivery
- Previous experience as a people manager
Subject matter expert in standard document control processes for BOMs, Parts, and PDM Systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Principal Technical Hardware Program Manager, you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Leading Product Development of future devices, including planning and creating schedule and budget, from design, to tooling and component fabrication, to prototype and engineering builds
- Driving cross-functional teams across multiple geographical locations, including mechanical engineering, material science, thermal design, FEA and simulation for complex mechanical components, optics, electrical engineering, and sensor teams for integration of PCBAs, FPCAs, and Camera Modules, and Release Management, and Manufacturing and Supply Chain partners to ensure Mixed Reality products meet technical requirements for on-time compliant launches
- Managing end-to-end supplier engagements of critical mechanical and optical components, from initial supplier selection and SOW creation, to delivery of components within schedule and forecast budget
- Collaborating with Reliability and Validation partner teams, to ensure robust design that meets product requirements, influencing prioritization and debug to align with mechanical design releases
- Generating clarity by identifying and defining issues and constraints, distilling data, establishing facts and drawing conclusions, and driving to closure and ensuring solid root cause understanding
- Communicating complex issues and trade-offs to development partners and senior management
- Configuration Management of Mixed Reality devices and systems, including BOMs and Components through PDM system
- Material management and managing Build Readiness for projects from development to production
- Identifying risks associated with program build plan utilizing Clear to Build reports and Tier 2 lead times
- Establishing scope with Contract Manufacturers, from local quick-turn CM’s to Production CM’s and Tier 2 suppliers
- Creating, documenting, and optimizing processes and tools, including influencing changes in company-wide software tools
- Anticipating needs of program and partners and removing obstacles, to stay ahead of the program
- Must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities