Microsoft AR/VR Job | Animator
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Microsoft Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do.Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility.To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved.
We are looking for a Character Animator to come to join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe theremustbe a better way. If you do too, we need you!
- 2+ year(s) experience or equivalent in 3D animation, rigging, visual effects, and/or character rigging
- Industry experience with the latest content creation and game engine tools
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a “U.S. person”: a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency
- Candidates selected for this position may need to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find them useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Augmented or Virtual Reality
- Unity, Unreal or related game engines
- Working with the US Military or other government contracts
- Strong cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Great communication, written and verbal
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
– Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work on the creation of 3D content, animations, particle effects, setting up and rigging characters, and building automated tools to help create and verify the content
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Designers and Producers
- Work with state-of-the-art next generation hardware, sensors, and software
- Incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning, and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products