Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Product Designer
Job（岗位）: Principal Product Designer
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Other, Japan
Mixed Reality is predicted to shape the way people will work, and our team is building the software to create this modern workplace. We are engaged with first line workers to develop innovative tools they can use to tackle new challenges or express their own ideas.
With Mixed Reality apps like Dynamics 365 Remote Assist and Guides, Microsoft is paving the way and defining how the future of computing will enhance our abilities and improve our lives. Mixed Reality experiences will fundamentally transform the way people work and define a new profitable market for Microsoft in the global modern workplace.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Principal Designer to help design a cohesive, end-to-end user experience that spans across PC, mobile, and HoloLens devices. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating with developers, designers, project managers, and copywriters shipping features and defining north-star visions.
As a part of this team, you will have an opportunity to leverage cutting edge HoloLens technology to design innovative solutions to help transform the manufacturing space. You will play an important part in driving clarity for the team by crafting wireframes and prototypes supported by customer interactions and data. The scalable component libraries you create and maintain in Figma will be used by a world class team of designers. You will be a part of a dynamic team that will help you learn, collaborate, and grow your career.
- Excellent, highly creative communication and critical thinking skills.
- 6+ years of combined product design, enterprise UX, or relevant agency-side experience ideally in cross-functional teams, and ideally cross-platform products.
- End-to-end design skills (from ideation to prototyping and full production).
- Outstanding portfolio showing deep product understanding and craftspersonship, both UI and UX.
- Excellent collaboration skills across disciplines – Program Management, Data Science, Engineering, etc.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a high level of proficiency designing in Figma.
- Experience with responsive design and cross-device interfaces/inputs from mobile, tablet, desktop.
- Solid understanding of cross-platform design systems and technical frameworks.
- Strong interest in design and technology trends, with an eye toward the future
- Experience within the Enterprise and Mixed Reality space is a plus, but not a requirement.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to frame and define existing/emerging opportunity spaces and success criteria often within ambiguous spaces.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will prove UX concepts at a variety of fidelities, throughout the design process. You will collaborate with PMs, Engineers, Designers, and Researchers to explore and craft experiences utilizing state of the art technology.
- Support design ideas through excellent influencing and communication skills.
- Partner with Program Management and Engineering to drive innovation and incubation of new ideas.
- Guide innovation efforts in collaboration with stakeholders to find designs optimally balancing company, stakeholder, and user needs.
- Contribute to defining user journeys and interaction patterns for new mixed reality experiences across different devices.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple, elegant, humanistic.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with studio leadership and product and executive teams.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality, fit and finish.
- Inspire and mentor a diverse team of product designers, producers, content designers, UX researchers, owning the vision and roadmap from conception until release (and then some).