Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Be a part of a team that values collaboration, experimentation, and innovation. Your unique background, ideas, skills, partnered with a growth mindset and startup mentality are welcome in this team. As a member of the Mixed Reality Ground Truth and Data team you will be on the cutting edge of building Mixed Reality devices and services. Our goal, together, is to deliver the best, most accurate, and stable holograms. We do this through measurement, data, KPIs and science. By building real world ground truth, synthetics and simulation pipelines paired with through the lens evaluation and customer telemetry we measure and improve core device capabilities. We empower our Mixed Reality teams to know more and build better experiences. We help build the fundamental SLAM based head tracking, scene understanding, spatial anchoring, object understanding algorithms that power mixed reality devices.
You’ll work hands on with Mixed Reality devices like the HoloLens and cloud services like Azure Spatial Anchors, writing code for capturing data, building 3d visualizations, working on cloud storage, distributed compute pipelines and even robotics. In this role, you’ll see a direct link between your work, product growth, and user satisfaction, making science fiction, science fact.
- 5+ years programming C++, C# or Python
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science or similar engineering degree, or 10+ years of equivalent technical experience
- Experience working in collaborative software development environments such as Azure Dev Ops, Github
- Game Development / 3d environmental experience, Unreal, Omniverse
- Mixed Reality development experience, HoloLens, Unity.
- Data engineering, pipeline architecture experience, SQL/NOSQL, Kusto, Power BI
- Working knowledge of SLAM / computer vision algorithms, Bluetooth, GPS, Total Station.
- Working knowledge of 3D motion capture systems, Optitrack. Lidar.
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous technical challenges with incomplete data.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
Cloud Screen Requirement:
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- “Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.”
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Proactively design, develop and implement device and environmental ground truth data capture, playback, and evaluation pipelines across different mixed reality devices and cloud services.
- Design and build synthetic data generation, simulation and advanced real world spatial data visualization tools and capabilities.
- Lead cross team workgroups through technical leadership and code to influence product direction.