Microsoft AR/VR Job | Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Job（岗位）: Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
Microsoft HoloLens Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices. We are expanding our team of experienced device product developers, working in a collaborative environment to redefine experiences with epic technology innovation. We are developing ground-breaking hardware, software and experiences across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, image and video processing, networking, and graphics. We transform our ideas into reality through shipping of revolutionary first-to-market products.
- Minimum 6 years of optical-mechanical design experience, including a strong “hands on” background with opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Prior experience in designing optical subassemblies, including design of optical mounts (lenses, mirrors, sensors, prisms, windows). Must be able to show examples.
- Proficient in CAD. (Prefer Creo Pro/E) Minimum 3 years required.
- Experienced in designing for high volume production, including demonstrated experience in plastic injection molding.
- Experience using adhesives for mounting optical components.
- Experience with complex, tight tolerance opto-mechanical design. Highly proficient in tolerance analysis of optical systems, including use of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). Must be able to show examples.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- S. in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Science, Optical Engineering. M.S. or PhD in related discipline preferred.
- Experience with plastic injection molded optics
- Experience with optical coatings
- Experience with metal part fabrication methods; Machining, casting, sheet metal, MIM, Plating.
- Demonstrated experience in FEA modeling tools
- Electo-mechanics experience: PCBA and FPCA development.
- Experience in head mounted displays.
Background Check and Security Clearance
- This position may require access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a “U.S. person” : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
- Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
About the role:
The Microsoft HoloLens team is currently looking for a seasoned Opto-Mechanical Engineer. Primary responsibilities include working with a team of Optical Engineers and scientists to develop and build robust, scalable hardware. The candidate must be experienced in high volume opto-mechanics design and process development.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Developing complex display systems that integrate mechanical and optical components.
- Translating optical requirements and sensitivities into mechanical requirements.
- Equipment, process flow, and supply chain development.
- Collaboration with partner teams (especially Optics Engineering, ID, and other Mechanical Engineers) to design and integrate subsystems.
- Develop and evaluate opto-mechanical designs with considerations of tolerance and stability over environmental storage/operation ranges and reliability requirements.
- Resolving reliability failures though test and analysis.
- Driving definition of mechanical calibration procedures for various assembly and test stations.
- Building and execution of test plans to understand and resolve yield, performance, and reliability issues.
General Responsibilities of Hardware ME:
- Lead innovation and advancements within responsible areas to improve overall device value.
- Interface across multiple disciplines (Program Management, Industrial design, Hardware, Component Engineering, RF, Audio, Reliability, Procurement, Manufacturing).
- Produce CAD, detailed drawings, and documentation of mechanical components.
- Supplier engagement and full qualification of components.
- Provide tactical contribution and technical leadership throughout the conceptual and detail design stages of product development.
- Assess risks/feasibility of piece part design/features to meet design expectations for cost and reliability.
- Contribute to project planning for development schedules/BOMs to meet all build stages up to production readiness.
- Perform and review detailed analyses for tolerance stacks, FEMs, Reliability tests.
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities.